X

Part that holds license plate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part that holds license plate

What is the part that holds the license plate called? I just bought my 95 Katana 600 and it didn't come with this part so I had to ziptie my plate on. Also, does this piece have plate lights? If so, I'll probably get it soon so I can be legal, if not I can suffer with zipties for now

you mean like a small metal bracket that the top to holes of your plate screw into, like on a fender elim. kit? or are you talking about the actual metal piece, the size of your license plate, that your plate fits right onto ? you can use both.

Comment

You mean the "shovel" , aka rear fender? Lots of people cut those off and attach the plates using whatever . I've seen the wire-tie thing , but you gotta make sure the plate doesn't rub the rear wheel (I've seen that happen) . My plates held on with some nylon nut dealies . The light ...you can just wire up an LED under there , should be just fine .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You can also purchase a barcket by Creese, and it comes with a area to mount the holder to the bike, a area to mount the plate, and a area to mount the tun signals. Special K keeps some around the shop i do believe, send hom a pm to see if he has any if you are interested.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah, definately get rid of the shovel !! even just too cut it off above the plate so its not hanging down below, is an improvement

Comment

Fender elim.

Hey guys!!
            I have some of these available now if your still interested?
            E-mail me at [email protected]
            Thanks

Comment

Re: Fender elim.

Originally posted by creese
              Hey guys!!
              I have some of these available now if your still interested?
              E-mail me at [email protected]
              Thanks
              best part for your bike. what's up creese
              rock
              always working on mods

Comment

Mr. Bracket. Glad to have you join us. Your name comes up frequently.
                AMA member # 224227

Comment

HOW MUCH??? ARE THEY ALUM OR METAL MR CREESE?
                  (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Hmm... I might be interested in 1 or 2. Some questions, tho:

1. Obviously, how much are they? Shipping?

2. How durable are they? I guess as said before me, what are they made of?

3. Do they bolt right on to the undertail? Or, is there some modding that needs to be done?

4. Ease of installation.

Thanks!
                    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Kaibigan, I have one of the Creese brackets. I have not installed it yet. If you are interested in checking to see if one will work for you PM me.

The braket is very well made. It not exactly a bolt on item. You would need to do some drilling to get it mounted.

Comment

Working...
                      X