X

GSX600f Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX600f Project

Hi, I have found a few issues on my newly owned GSX600f 95' and was wondering if anyone could help me with some picture responses so I can compare them to mine and see where it's gone iffy.

First of all my rear brake master cylinder doesn't line up with the mount on the bike, it's about half a cm off ( I had to shove a thinner bolt in there to tighten it on as the lever was pushing the whole thing forwards!) and the reservoir is cable tied with hose to it also, but there is no stretch in the hose and the reservoir sits diagonally. It could possibly be the wrong way around or just bodged on there, not sure! Any tips/pics so I can see how it's meant to sit?

My front left fairing is pushed out a little where it seals at the headlight, not sure why but I will get some pictures (Probably and individual case of something being bent)

And lastly from what I know the front light stays on whilst on all three modes, where would you have to 'Hotwire' that for it do so, so I can check it ?

I would look at a Haynes manual but haven't found any working links for one yet!

Originally posted by Cemariah View Post
    Hi, I have found a few issues on my newly owned GSX600f 95' and was wondering if anyone could help me with some picture responses so I can compare them to mine and see where it's gone iffy.

First of all my rear brake master cylinder doesn't line up with the mount on the bike, it's about half a cm off ( I had to shove a thinner bolt in there to tighten it on as the lever was pushing the whole thing forwards!) and the reservoir is cable tied with hose to it also, but there is no stretch in the hose and the reservoir sits diagonally. It could possibly be the wrong way around or just bodged on there, not sure! Any tips/pics so I can see how it's meant to sit?

My front left fairing is pushed out a little where it seals at the headlight, not sure why but I will get some pictures (Probably and individual case of something being bent)

And lastly from what I know the front light stays on whilst on all three modes, where would you have to 'Hotwire' that for it do so, so I can check it ?

I would look at a Haynes manual but haven't found any working links for one yet!

Couple of quick responses..

The caliper mount is not set in it's location. Loosen the axle nut, this will allow the caliper bracket to spin on the axle and you can move it to mount caliper too.

The fairing sticks out most likely because the front fairing stay is slight tweaked. It should be flush and uniform around the headlight.

Power for the headlights go from the main harness, to the light, to the handlebar pod, then ground. The hi/low share the same ground by the hi/low switch. Is your bike a Euro model with an "on/off" switch also? This isn't something avail on the US models, so no experienced with those.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Couple of quick responses..

The caliper mount is not set in it's location. Loosen the axle nut, this will allow the caliper bracket to spin on the axle and you can move it to mount caliper too.

The fairing sticks out most likely because the front fairing stay is slight tweaked. It should be flush and uniform around the headlight.

Power for the headlights go from the main harness, to the light, to the handlebar pod, then ground. The hi/low share the same ground by the hi/low switch. Is your bike a Euro model with an "on/off" switch also? This isn't something avail on the US models, so no experienced with those.

Krey
      Hey krey, thanks for the quick reply. It's not the caliper itself that's mounted on to the tyre, it's the master cylinder that the rear brake pedal pushes into:

Might help, I haven't tried removing and re-installing the cylinder to line up, but it's way off mark and I'm not sure if that will help

I will give a go at finding the wiring problem though thanks for that!

Comment

I'd suggest posting a pic of the actual bike.

I'm starting to get the feeling I'm thinking a stock bike, and it's a fighter or something else that's been heavily modified.

Include some pics of the actual issues too, please.

krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Found the same brake issue on the 88 I have, ordered a replacement and it fit correctly, may just have been replaced with an in correct piece.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Right, now I'm a bit more informed of my GSX600F. I think I will get started on replacing the crap broken from the old owner, do a good old service and THEN, start my actual project.

Now I have two routes I can go...

1. Make the bike naked, due to broken fairings in places, and a bent front clock assembly it will never look nice unless I spend a bomb on OEMS or used parts. Might aswell take it all off, smack a speedo on there and a headlight with bar end mirrors and indicators and bam.

2. Reshape the bike fairings and clocks wise, got my eyes on fitting a kwak front end as I have always liked them, but obviously I need to research what fairings and clocks are best to go with the bike and will 'work', so I will start from there.

The things that need Fixing/Replacing/Missing will keep me occupied for a few months budget wise which are:

-New carburettor diaphragm cap due to (Picture 1). (Mid).
            -Gear lever stoppey pin. (Cheap)
            -Front and rear safety pins for brakes. (Cheap)
            -Bleed nipple covers. (Cheap)
            -Missing bolts in places. (Cheap)
            -Pre-to-post exhaust conversion as mine is wrecked which includes oil pan replacement as told on another thread (Thanks). (Very Expensive ) Much easier to find decent brands and people who still make them.
            -New ignition coils and pluggers (Pricey).
            -New wiring loom (Utterly wrecked and getting by) (Mid).

As far as I know that's what needs replacing.

General maintenance needed oil change filters change, and valve adjustment as it's knocking, it has a defo air-leak because it hangs on the revs and doesn't idle properly but that is probably due to that screw in the vaccum nib. Will see how that goes, can't adjust carbs before it's replaced anyway just hope it's only the cap he screwed into and not anything else.

Going to buy parts slowly over the paychecks, so I will update the thread whenever I replace something 'With pics' if I can remember .
            Last edited by Cemariah; 02-02-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Here is the picture of the carb, sorry lol.
              Attached Files

Comment

Most of the heavy work has been done now, got a before and after picture for my streetfighter ish bike, just trying to find the attachments part for posting :P

Comment

Working...
                X