X

Sidepanels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidepanels

SO i got my 2002 kat about a year ago now and the front right panel (the big one next to engine) looks like the guy dumped the bike. Has some deep scratches in the bottom part of it and the handlebar. But I didn't really care too much it's a sweet bike for the 2 grand I payed for it. So heres my question. I know it would be impossible for me to fix the scratches in the panel and I don't really want to buy a new panel so would it be possible to make molds of all the panels on the bike and create carbon fiber ones? Just curious if anyone knows the weight of the panels if it would even be worth it cause if its just a 20-30 pound save that doesnt really sound worth to me.

Which panel? Body panel? Sure the price will blow your mind for carbon fiber. Cheaper to buy a used one or repair the panel, they can be repaired.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

definitely repairable. It's time consuming but not overly difficult. Search abs cement/fairing repair.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by icantthinkofausername View Post
        Just curious if anyone knows the weight of the panels if it would even be worth it cause if its just a 20-30 pound save that doesnt really sound worth to me.
        It's been a while, but I did weigh my bodywork when it was first removed from the bike.

IF MY MEMORY IS CORRECT, the bodywork on its own is almost exactly 18 lbs. (The headlight and gauge assembly is another 10-12 lbs.)

I currently only run the tail section bodywork, and mine is trimmed to eliminate the bee-stinger taillight. I also moved the stock rear signals so that they are on either side of the license plate.
        -Chris
        **if what I said can be taken two ways, and one of them offends you, I meant it the other way.

Comment

Working...
        X