X

Graphics? Y or N?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics? Y or N?

OK, line many of you the plastics on my 99 Kat have suffered through some "learning experiences" I have gone through while learning to ride this past year.

I know a really good paint guy who can take out all of the scratches and repaint the plastics for a reasonable price, and also take out the small dent in my gas tank. When this is all said and done I'll have a bike with no badges and a fresh coat of paint.

I was thinking of adding a graphics kit to the bike, and was wondering what everyones thoughts/opinions are on these? I was thinking i'll stick w/ the stock black paint for everything (including belly) and adding flat black graphics of some sort, such as some tribal work, to give that ghosted look. I could have him do an actual custom paint job... but I know sooner or later I'll scratch it and want to cry.

Has anyone had any experience with these... and do you like them or hate them?
    Yes
    33.33%
    Maybe
    0.00%
    No
    66.67%
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Are you asking about just paint graphics or vinyl graphics? For paint graphics, I'm probably going to do them on my bike. Nothing ghosted, though. It's going to shine when I'm done. I hate vinyl, though.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

i'm talking about vinyl ones... i don't want to drop the money on painted graphics just to watch them get scratched up. i updated the poll question to reflect that it'd be vinyl... and fixed the missing "no" option.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

As long as they're not gaudy, I like the looks of most grafix. I still love the Tribal grafix that tapeworks.com carries. They look really good on most bike. My brother is re-doing his 96 Kat with the Blue Tribal grafix. Should look good.
        2005 Aprilia RST1000
        2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
        1998 Chevy Tahoe
        www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

One of these days, I'll get around to pulling off my vinyl and installing my raised emblems instead.

But nicely done graphics are awesome, and second only to a sign painter's or airbrush artist's work...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I vote yes. I'm going to be pickup one of the Tapeworks.com kits as soon as i get all of my parts back from the painter.
            - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have a yellow 02

I'm peelin off the factory stickers as soon as New Jersey warms up.

Everything but the Suzuki on the tank is going.

I might paint the lower also.

Carl-
              "Ignoring the facts does not mean that they cease to exist"

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Tastefully done vinyl decals look way cool. Even those flame kits you can get from tapeworks are some wild stuff that personally I like.

Comment

+1 on tapeworks!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

yeah just do it up.. tapeworks.com
                    "One pork sausage please...."

Comment

Actually, I just bought a vinyl kit from alloutgraphics.com, and they were really helpful! They also had the sweeeeet chrome blue color that I wanted - which tapeworks doesn't offer....
                      FrankenKat 1216
                      GS Fiter 816
                      GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I don't know about you all but I'm kinda digging the graphics kit on this 98 750

Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                        fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                        fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                        girls = yammah
                        yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                        X