X

Aftermarket windscreen is short

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket windscreen is short

Well I picked up a tinted Lockhart-Phillips windscreen off Ebay before Christmas for my pre98 750. It's supposed to be a direct replacement for the 600 and 750 stock size. Now it does fit of course but it's about 3 inches shorter(12 inches from top to bottom in the center). I already thought the stock one was a bit on the short side.
    I'm thinking now that the 600s stock size is shorter than the 750s and that's what this one is.

I've got 3 different LP screens, 600, 750 and euro (no they are not for sale). The 600 and the Euro's are the same size and the 750 is taller. Never compared stock ones but it sounds like you got a 600 to me.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yeah it must be a 600 screen. I never noticed before.....I thought they were all the same size.

Comment

Geez Trev that's kinda too bad, but I bet It'd look awesome.

Put her on an gimme a call. I'll come over and give you my "Expert" opinion.

Really, I'd consider it.
        "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

if you dont want it, let me know i will buy it

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002
            Geez Trev that's kinda too bad, but I bet It'd look awesome.

Put her on an gimme a call. I'll come over and give you my "Expert" opinion.

Really, I'd consider it.
            Yeah it was nice and warm the other day so I figured I'd go out and pull the stock one off and get a head start on getting it ready for the spring. .....I'm really getting the itch now. It wasn't until I pulled the stock one off and I thought that it looked longer than the new one......so low and behold the new one is three inches shorter. It's probably not something that would make too much of a difference but I thought....
            I still have time to get another one so I may just try and size it up and see how it looks within the next day or so....whenever my "expert" is available...... I'll send you a pm 93kat after I check 'er out..

Comment

thanks

Comment

"Available" is my middle name!

BTW, both pairs of boots arrived yesterday.
                Their Euro sizing is tight.
                Te New SMX boots are the ones I'm gonna keep.
                The Stage boots are the ones I'm gonna sell. Their just about new and fit nicely with an extra pair of "sport socks". Let me know if you want to look at 'em.

I also picked up a pair of Alpinestars "AirFlo" over pants new at Action.

I feel like a Power Ranger.
                "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Yeah I'll have to check the boots out, I wear a size 9 shoe size so they may still be a touch big.

I saw that Action has a lot of riding gear in there but haven't actually gotten in to see what they have as far as prices go.....window shopping so far
                  I heard the other day they'll soon be ready doing tires in the shop, I'll have to get price on a front as soon as I hit the road this spring.

Comment

Working...
                  X