No announcement yet.
X

paint scratched on left side any fixes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint scratched on left side any fixes?

when i got my bike a couple of weeks ago(03 gsx600f)the fairings are in perfect shape for bring dropped the guy who owned it before me droppped it in his garage on the left side any way the paint is scrathed behind the turn signal all the way to the plastic and were the side by side cut outs were you can see the engine and the crank case cover is scratched, im planning on gettin it painted all black when i get the cheese for it but just wanting to know if anyone knows any easy fixes in the mean time, i ordered the factory suzuki manual to run thru all the steps for why she aint startin so while im waiting for that to arrive just tryin to work on some other parts of her.

Did it start before you bought it? And did you start it yourself before paying?

Check battery, ignition, underseat fuses, main fuse, HT wires, boots, sparkplugs, fuel, fuel lines, fuel filter, air filter, choke, safety switches - the list goes on.

Exactly what happens - or does not happen - when you try to start the bike? Do the lights come on? Does it turn over? Does it explode?

Comment

the guy i bought it off of didnt have a live battery it was dead and said it needed a fuel petcock. so i took a chance and bought it got a battery and started it it would run for 10 or 15 min then stall out you could open the throttle the first start but after it stalled out you could start it but if you tried ta give it gas it would stall out i checked the fuel filter and took the petcock out and looked at it both looked fine no clogs then i took the spark plugs out to make sure they were not burnt up got them back in now it wont start just crank over im gettin spark to the plugs but weak spark so maybe i was thinking ignition coils or cam sensor are bad thats as far as i got. 92xjunker told me to clean the carbs i think that possible

Comment

Yip, fuel starved, IE pilot circuit dirty.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yup - clean the carbs. Buy a new battery, and then clean the carbs again. Depending on the condition if the internals, you may need rebuild kits.

New oil and filters all round - oil, air and fuel. Prob time to check the brake hoses, pads and fluid too.

Comment

plugs 1 and 4 have better spark then plugs 2 and 3 also

Comment

Check your coil voltage at the cool, should be 11v or better while cranking.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
              X