No announcement yet.
X

Laid down my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it is. The good thing is it wasn't that bad, it could have been a lot worse. The Bike is OK for the most part. Gotta get that oil light fixed. Plastics weren't to bad either. At least nothing cracked in half. Gonna try and go grab a new helmet tonight.
    99 Katana 600

Comment

My oil light was coming on a while back. Had plenty of oil pressure and sometime it would turn off or even flicker. Took the side cover off and the screw for the wire had come loose. It's free to check.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinman View Post
        My oil light was coming on a while back. Had plenty of oil pressure and sometime it would turn off or even flicker. Took the side cover off and the screw for the wire had come loose. It's free to check.
        side cover meaning side fairing?
        99 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by JSMencer View Post
          side cover meaning side fairing?

No. The small cover to the motor where the oil pressure sensor is located. It's best to use a new gasket but if you can take it off gently then you can reuse it. I reused mine and it's never leaked *knocks on wood*.

Comment

I just took my side fairings off. It looks like theres a tiny bit of oil on the engine, but i'm not sure that wasn't there when I bought it. It looks like old burnt oil, and it isn't much at all. Would it be best to clean it all up, and see what happens first? Whats a good product to clean that with?
            99 Katana 600

Comment

I'm gonna take some pictures tonight, and you guys can let me know what you think.
              99 Katana 600

Comment

My friend said it seems to be old oil on the engine. So I'm gonna clean it up, and see what happens.
                99 Katana 600

Comment

Parts are in! I'll either fix it tonight or tomorrow at work.
                  99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                  X