X

Bumble bee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumble bee

So I ordered my new seat cover and it was yellow and black, My bike however was orange, so I sanded, primed, sanded and painted it to find out that when I got to puttin on the yellow it was wayyy off. So now I have to go get some more paint and sand this thing back down and try again. Here is a pic of it.

Think I am gonna add some more to it like a transformers logo on the windscreen and the word bumblebee on the side as well as some more graphics to it.
    O' Yeah... Break out the Mud Boots this is gonna get deep!!!

Good luck with the new color. Nice seat covers!

Comment

got em off ebay for $30, I figure I will take the bike to the paint store and show them how well there color match system works haha

Comment

NEVER try to match 2 colors that aren't from the same manufacturer, accent it.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

This is more like what I am wanting

And its easy to match colors if you know you have a color code LOL. been doing paint and body for 8 years and had very few not match. Just so happens this one didn't they may have tried to substitute one of the ingredients with another or got something messed up. who knows, either way I get the paint replaced for free and just have to sand it down and try again. Glad I never cleared it yet!

Comment

How do you get a color code off a piece of vinyl that will match a color code from a paint manufacturer? Personally I think all black would look great but I know you don't want to hear it. Set the old black on it just to compare, but it's your bike, your opinion.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Most blacks are pretty much the same, unless its got pearl or metallic flake in it. I used a sun gun and color reader to get the code for the yellow on the vinyl the other color is actually a graphite grey I had laying around from my 626 build. and Just an FYI most vinyl in your cars and bikes and such does have a CC or (color code) that can be matched thru most manufactures paint systems. If you can't find it take it to Napa or another local reputable paint store and they can help you find it. Like i said tho prolly just a mix up in the qty of each color required to make this color. My new paint will be ready in the morning when they open, Will post pics of it once I get it redone yet again HAHA!

Comment

I didn't know that, interesting. Now I'm curious if it can be matched without seeing a difference.

Comment

It should be alot closer. Looks like they forgot to throw some red in the paint when they mixed it, I am gonna take the seat in and do a spray out card to see how well it matches right there at the store. If it needs something I can have it fixed right then. I am using Martin Senior paint and will be clearing with Martin Senior clear as well. I like the brand and the warranty it has .

Comment

Well I got the correct paint now, both black and yellow. Might wait a few days to redo it because its nice out and I feel like riding. when I get it repainted I will post some updated pics. Any Ideas for the font I should use on the bumblebee text or transformers text?

Comment

I think that looks tits! I love the transformer theme!

I like the font your showing too
                      Last edited by crazycraven420; 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

been preppin all day and sprayin all night. one more coat of clear to go and I'm done....well for now... I have to buff some of it (damn mosquito) and install then pinstripe it. going with a custom painted pinstipe by a local guy prolly gonna be silver. will have pics of the progress up after this next coat of clear

Comment

I will post more in the evening tomorrow when I get these put on
                          Last edited by Superman812; 05-01-2013, 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

dude that looks badass! Nice work!
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Finished photos, ...well not completely finished but good enough for now... I have to get a new fork for it and paint the bolts/ get a few more bolts, a lower fairing, and paint the grab bar... maybe a new windscreen or something too.. who knows.? but I'm gonna ride the shit out of it in a min. BWHAHAA!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X