Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by kamkamdac View Post
    my front fairings are cracking where the top rear bolt holds it to the frame. they are cracking on both sides (more so in the left though). its probably from me tightening the bolts to tight but i was wondering if this is a common problem with kats. bike is a 1990 600

Post a picture please... I'm just not seeing the problem / answers being provided matching up...

Krey

Leave a comment:

• DarkFury
    replied
    I just put mine on yesterday and I have a rubber gromet on the 3 main bolts for the fairings and they are stepped bolts with an unthreaded collar, post 98

Leave a comment:

• Wild-Bill
    replied
    If you're missing the sleeved washer, you can pick up spacers to fit around the bolt at your local home improvement/hardware store. All you need is about 1/4" but it makes all the difference in the world.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    There should be a sleeved washer under the screws that allow the fairing to move a little.

Leave a comment:

• kamkamdac
    started a topic bolts cracking fairing?

bolts cracking fairing?

my front fairings are cracking where the top rear bolt holds it to the frame. they are cracking on both sides (more so in the left though). its probably from me tightening the bolts to tight but i was wondering if this is a common problem with kats. bike is a 1990 600
Working...
X