X

bolts cracking fairing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolts cracking fairing?

my front fairings are cracking where the top rear bolt holds it to the frame. they are cracking on both sides (more so in the left though). its probably from me tightening the bolts to tight but i was wondering if this is a common problem with kats. bike is a 1990 600

There should be a sleeved washer under the screws that allow the fairing to move a little.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

If you're missing the sleeved washer, you can pick up spacers to fit around the bolt at your local home improvement/hardware store. All you need is about 1/4" but it makes all the difference in the world.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I just put mine on yesterday and I have a rubber gromet on the 3 main bolts for the fairings and they are stepped bolts with an unthreaded collar, post 98
        Ride like it's your last ride
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kamkamdac View Post
          my front fairings are cracking where the top rear bolt holds it to the frame. they are cracking on both sides (more so in the left though). its probably from me tightening the bolts to tight but i was wondering if this is a common problem with kats. bike is a 1990 600

Post a picture please... I'm just not seeing the problem / answers being provided matching up...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X