X

Paint job im think it keep what you think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
    the bike is not done as you can see (a little body work) what do you think so far no one really knows what it looks like so what you think

is redoing the seat hard?
    i was think black but the blue is growing on my
    I'm not a huge fan of the matte black unless everything is done in matte black. But on bikes to me it usually just looks like someone just bought the plastics and put it on there without painting, it's unfortunate because it's a sweet color. I just think with plastics that usually come in some form of matte, it doesn't do it justice to leave it matte. I'm sure it looks way cooler in person.

Also, the red frame does stick out and I probably would have gone black since everything else will be blacked out (batman bike anyone?), and the light blue seat doesn't seem to fit with it all as well as a black seat would, but this is just my opinion. It looks like you're on your way to a sweet setup though, keep at it!

Once you get a black seat and everything is matte I think it will be a sweet batman bike.

Comment

thanks to me you can have to much black i like the colors to pop and people to say look at that bike the seat thing im looking how to do it right my dad 8 years ago just before it sat go the seat new vinyl for his color look (you can see in my profile picture) want to do i right the first time you know

ps thats 8 years of dust in my profile picture

Comment

Could you insert some punctuation into your last post there please? I'm not really a grammar Nazi, but that was pretty hard to decipher.
        Last edited by teddy; 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Thanks ...... to me you can have to much black i like the colors to pop and people to say look at that bike...the seat thing im looking how to do it right.. my dad 8 years ago just before it sat got the seat with new vinyl for his color look (you can see in my profile picture) ...want to do i right the first time you know

ps thats 8 years of dust in my profile picture

sorry my reading and writing was never good thats why i work in lawn care :P
          Last edited by katana7500; 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Not a fan! But to each his own!
            1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
            fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
            55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
            R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
            Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

If your going matte black, I could see the red frame as a break point, IE somthing different that the same old matte black bike everyone else does but, I would old school some rat rod type pin stripping on it, either a black, red or even a black seat with red piping, black or dark tint winscreen with red led instrument lighting and some red under lighting. OH crap,,, I see another kat project brewing,,,hhmmm... RAT ROD KAT..... I wunder if I could mod some spoke wheels to a kat, Red spokes, matte black rims and hubs, Loud ass pipes..duals that dump on both sides.... Keep at it, remember this "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but, your is the only one you should be bothered with"
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Looks like crap honestly. matte black does not work with the bike as you have it planned out now. and that red is pink...
                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

it really does look better in person

Comment

Front fender looks good.
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by katana7500 View Post
                      it really does look better in person
                      for some reason, I kind of doubt that.

even though I find that "crap" is a bit harsh in describing it, you do have some serious clashes happening. first, that blue seat has to go. as for the red that looks like pink...well it's not really a bad color in itself. it just doesn't go with the matte black. however, I think it would match nicely to a gloss black, with a little bit of "red that looks like pink" striping that will match the frame.
                      you should also do something with the rims. it's just too much flat black going on. my suggestion would be to remove the paint from the lips of rims and polish them. I really think it would give it a little more "oomph!".

it's not so bad that I think you have to start from scratch, but it does look like it was just thrown together from a bunch of old parts. you are simply trying to mix matte black with bright colors, and that doesn't work so well.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

am I the only one around here worried about someone with these kinds of writing abilities riding a motorcycle around? lol
                        2001 GSX600F

Comment

i cant read and right that good ..does not mean my eye hand is not that good

Comment

Keep at it, most have started mods and ended up going a different direction. IMO the frame needs to redone with a more vibrant red, like fire truck red. some reds do tend to turn out pinkish. test sample the color before application. If your using a spray can, use only automotive type paint. such as "duplicolor".
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn't matter a s**t what anyone else on here thinks, if that look is what floats your boat then go with it. Only thing to bear in mind is that if you ask on here for people's opinions you're going to get them, usually straight from the hip for good or bad.

Keep it up, it'd be a boring world if we all liked/did the same things

Engelskmannen.
                              Carpe Jugulum...
                              1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

If you like the "murdered" look go for it man. In my opinion, I would add some touched like some others suggested. Maybe as subtle as gloss black on the side panels around the openings for example just to give it some more texture. Or even a pin striping detail around certain curves.

As for the seat, you can get some marine vinyl from most arts/crafts shops, 1 cubic yard will be plenty for both seats. It helps to have a friend (my wife helped me ) to help hold and pull. It takes some yanking an elbow grease to get a good fit. I started stapling the sides first and worked to the front an back. Don't go crazy with staples until your sure your good though! An that vinyl is pretty damn strong so unless your hercules you shouldn't rip it haha. I think it cost me about 10 bucks for vinyl an had both done in an hour or 2 max. Once you do that it will help smooth out the color combo you got going on an make it easier to figure out your details. Good luck! Be sure to update with a new pic or 2 with better lighting so we can see it's not pink
                                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                                X