X

Rear seat cover/delete?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear seat cover/delete?

What have you guys done for deleting the rear seat? I wanted to delete it and I saw once a place that sold fiberglass replacement for the seat for like 90$ but seems kinda expensive.

Just wanted to see some options or pics of what you guys have done.

Its for my 1990 GSX600F.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
    What have you guys done for deleting the rear seat? I wanted to delete it and I saw once a place that sold fiberglass replacement for the seat for like 90$ but seems kinda expensive.

Just wanted to see some options or pics of what you guys have done.

Its for my 1990 GSX600F.

$90 isn't that expensive for the solo cowl... Cost nearly that to make it yourself.

We have a board member who makes them. Couple of styles and they look pretty good from the pics.

I personally have an OEM cowl... (yep, they made them... ).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Andybar240 (if I recollect his user name properly) is the guy that makes them. I have one on my Kat, and have personally sent three other Kat owners his way, to thier great happiness. He sells 'em on ebay, as well. But $100 made and shipped from UK...is a hell of a deal. I have both his cowls, actually. I like the racer cowl better (just personal opinion) but I also have his flat cowl. Both are quality construction, and he ships fast.

Good luck...having to part with a measly hundred bucks for a custom made part, that you cant get anywhere else.

Wait...wait. I mean good luck with the search.

ps. Search here ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solo-seat-co...4&cmd=ViewItem
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Thanks guys. It's not that I think 100$ is expensive as I I've paid some serious bucks in my race car (over 40grand), I've also got prob a grand already tied up into my Kat since I got it in September. I enjoy making things myself and I'm pretty good at it but I've seen aftermarket ABS ones for like 90$. I'm not sure if I like the Velcro mounting on this one.

Also the link provided only has pics of the 98+ and mines a post 1990. I'm on my phone so sry for the lack of searching.

One other thing does the solo cowl require removal of the rear seat or does it fit right over it?

Comment

Here's a link for a seat cowl. Not the greatest but fairly decent. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...6001988-97.htm
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-15-2013, 09:47 PM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I also purchased a seat cowl from Andy its really nice. It was definitely worth the money!

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              Here's a link for a seat cowl. Not the greatest but fairly decent.
              you didnt post a link.

Comment

I ordered one from andy and hope to get it next week hopefully! thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                  you didnt post a link.
                  sorry, edited.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    Here's a link for a seat cowl. Not the greatest but fairly decent. http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...6001988-97.htm
                    Yea thats the one I was looking at. Not sure that I like the bolt hole on the side which is why I went with Andy's.

Comment

You wont be disappointed with Andys stuff. I've never had an issue with the velcro securing straps, and I've ridden the holy dog shit out of my bike.
                      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                      Semper Fi

Comment

What do you mean the velcro straps? I thought it held on using the stock hardware. Now I also saw the video where the back has a clip that slides under the rear seat to hold it on. Now you saying there are velcro straps? Is that the difference between the pre and post solo cowls?

I hope to have it next week maybe (5-6 days from monday/tuesday i guess, but Im excited to get it!!

Comment

Hi guys, The Pre 98 600cc cowls are held on with the original fixings and a metal tab at the rear, The only cowls i use the Velcro on are the Pre 98 750cc and 98> bikes. You should have the cowl from me any day soon. Don't know if anyone has see the new Pre 98 750cc Cowl i now do, Very much like the tall racer style i have sold for years. Nice to hear people are are happy with the items they have had from me and i am always here to help out if anything goes wrong.

Andy

Comment

cool , Ive been looking for fairings and streamline has em , thx for the link
                            96 GSX750 Katana , 88 GSX600F

Comment

Still haven't recieved the solo cowl ...

Comment

Working...
                              X