X

To all those who..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all those who..

to everyone who has had their bike painted or who paints bikes as a profession, i was just wondering if you could drop me a few prices on how much i will be looking to spend and getting a fresh coat of paint on my bike. (staying with red) no body work needed..
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Do you have access to a garage? If so, it is a pretty easy project to do yourself. And you can do it all with can paint. You can also gt it done for about $130 to $150 bucks including all equipment (Sandpaper, cleaners, tac-cloths, etc.) I really don't have a idea though on how much it would cost to get it done through a shop though. I can tell you though that if you are going to do it yourself, you will need a automitive clear coat for the tank. Good Luck!

There is a how-to article in the how-to section on how-to paint your bike. Some guy that calls himself "Sweet Lou" wrote it.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well I got an estimate a few weeks ago for mine. I came up with a simple design (paint guys all said it was simple too) but everyone wanted from $1000 to $750 to do it. Materials included. I decided to not be as lazy as I wanted to be and I'm getting ready to do it myself. Just need to dig out the spray rig and do some practice pieces to get the hang of it again.

Comment

i got mine done this summer actually july 4th weekend ...i paid for paint wich was suppose to be 60 bux a pt but i got it for 30 because of my discount lol and the guy charged me 700 to paint all fairings, gas tank (lil body work) and then couple weeks b4 i put the corona kit on it he repainted both upper fairings for free i made him feel bad that it was his fault aobut a couple of runs and stuff so lol for you it would have been about 820 with paint(dupont chromabase) and to have my guy paint it ...

Comment

My friend Corey and I were thinking of doing a paint job for a guy from work here. We figured we would charge about $600 bucks, including paint and some minor body repair. Don't know if that helps you at all.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I had my bike repainted. It cost me $600 and that was for the guy to fix some things in the plastic. If I had taken him the plastics with nothing to do but prep and paint them he would have charged me $400. He has done some race plastics for some guys that race in WERA. My bike turned out great.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

How much prep work you do yourself plays into it heavily. The quality and price of the paint also plays into it heavily (paints can vary from as low as $45 for to as high as $800 - $1200 for some colors, such as Audi's pearlescent). The number of coats required and degree of difficulty also factor into the labor cost (figure a rich black is cheap because black covers well, while a pearl or a candy-apple is expensive because you're talking about a base layer of white, plus layers of the main color, plus possible accent color layers as well) -- then layers of clearcoat.

My advice: contact the bike shops in the area and find out who they use to do their repair work, then contact those shops directly. Get some quotes. Then look up empiregp.com and get quotes from them as well. Factor in shipping costs when looking at empiregp.com and other remote vendors (complete fairings cost an arm & a leg to ship back and forth because they're oversized).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I did all of the prep work including:
                Taking the bike apart,
                All of the sanding,
                Custom body work,
                and taping.
                I paid a shop 500 dollars to paint it Viper GTS Blue and 6 Clear Coats. This included the Solo Seat Cowl from Braada Jim, Two Helmets and both rims.

Katanas cost a little more to paint than other bikes because there is a lot more surface area (more panels). If you do not help out with the labor, you will spend a lot more money than you need to.
                Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Working...
                X