Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Clear Sticker Under Tank/Fairing Stickers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Sticker Under Tank/Fairing Stickers?

How the heck do you get those clear stickers off of the tank and fairings once you take off the safety stickers?

I never really noticed them until I saw my greasy thumb print smeared across the one on the tank.

I've tried applying heat and peeling it off, but it just won't budge! I've also tried lots of Goo Gone and it still doesn't want to come off....

Maybe I need to apply more heat and use some sort of plastic scrapper (hopefully without scratching my paint).

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Try naptha aka zippo lighter fluid and no it will not harm your paint.
    Same chemical is sold as "bug and tar remover" at auto supply stores like autozone.

hth

Comment

Left mine on, and painted over 'em.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Wipe the print and forget you saw it?
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

I've seen bikes with them off, so I'm looking to go that route.

I'd like to have it clean as could be. Wondering if anyone has done it before?
          - Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            I've seen bikes with them off, so I'm looking to go that route.

I'd like to have it clean as could be. Wondering if anyone has done it before?
            Use prep-sol(grease and wax remover), its a automotive cleaner that is very largely used in the collision repair. just spray/soak it on and let it sit for awhile then it should wipe off pretty easy but might take a few soakings to get it completely off. It wont damage paint but I wouldnt go pouring the stuff on the seat or rubber cause it might dry it out or make very bad black smear marks.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut1236 View Post
              Use prep-sol(grease and wax remover), its a automotive cleaner that is very largely used in the collision repair. just spray/soak it on and let it sit for awhile then it should wipe off pretty easy but might take a few soakings to get it completely off. It wont damage paint but I wouldnt go pouring the stuff on the seat or rubber cause it might dry it out or make very bad black smear marks.
              Awesome! Thanks!
              - Aaron

Comment

Working...
              X