Windshield for 95 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield for 95 kat

Hey all,

I have a 95 kat and my buddy has a 98 kat. I'm a rather tall guy, (6ft 3in) and I naturally sit higher up on the bike than a shorter person and when riding I find it REALLY hard to actually tuck down under the wind shield. When I get down under it, in a comfortable position the wind is still trying to rip my helmet off. My buddy, who is also tall, says that my bike has a terrible wind shield, and his is much better. Well there is a big difference between the years, mine is just flat while his has a huge indentation outward. (both types are pictured below)

Does anyone know if I can just throw a post kat windshield on my pre cat? I found one on ebay but it's $50 and I want to see if I can find something cheaper.

Pre Kat Shield

Post Kat Shield
    1995 Suzuki Katana GSX600F (I was 4 years old when it was made)

Short answer.....no.

Comment

Long answer? I figure it includes mods and bracket adjustments.

Comment

Bracket adjustments? Not even close....the windshield bolts right into the fairings on the Post and is a complete different shape. Mods? Ummm....unless you have a heater and can mold acrylic....no. You need a POST windscreen.

Comment

Just mention,

The both pics you posted are pre kat windshields. The second one is a "double bubble" pre.

The Post kat is completely different shape.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Just mention,

The both pics you posted are pre kat windshields. The second one is a "double bubble" pre.

The Post kat is completely different shape.

Krey
            Alright, that's what it's called. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Krey speaks the truth. I have a brand new post windscreen that I can use as a coaster from before I joined this site. It does not play well with my 92 Kat and modding would have been more expensive than just ordering the correct part

Comment

Working...
              X