X

Fairing Cushion/Grommets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing Cushion/Grommets?

Where do you guys get your replacement fairing grommets/cushions from?

I took apart my kat's body (2005) tonight and noticed that I had 3-4 of them missing, which is likely the reason for my KAT rattling its plastic @ 2K rpm....

Are they seriously $10 a piece? That's what ebay basically has at the moment....

I'd rather let my KAT rattle than pay $50 for parts and shipping just so I have those stupid things back again...
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

try your dealer
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Take a decent one and match up with the ones at any decent hardware store, that is what I do...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Im also after some...what department should I look in?

Comment

Originally posted by acidice333 View Post
          Im also after some...what department should I look in?
          I'm not even sure yet. I haven't gone out searching just yet... but I'm thinking I'm going to hit up Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Rona, Home Hardware and any other hardware store I can get to.

I really really really don't want to pay $10 a grommet... cause that's beyond ridiculous...

I'm honestly thinking of buying a whole new set of screws (black) to go with my Kat's theme (Red & Black), which would get me a new grommet for every hole AND a new screw for every hole... for only $50 + shipping (not bad).

If anyone has a specific store they attend to get those grommets from, please post it!
          - Aaron

Comment

I get my OEM parts from BikeBandit.com. Decent prices and reasonable shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM View Post
              I get my OEM parts from BikeBandit.com. Decent prices and reasonable shipping.
              They do have decent shipping, but it's almost $40 for express which is all they offer for Canadians! UGH!!

I'll start shopping around the local area before I put an order in, cause I'll likely get more than just those grommets for that price!
              - Aaron

Comment

i use http://www.ronayers.com/Products/N/76081 but know if their different for you cunuks eh.

Comment

Working...
                X