Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking for ideas for a Katana Rear Tail Section!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas for a Katana Rear Tail Section!

New Years Eve I had a 20MPH Lowside Mishap (refer to my post in Southeast area part of the forum for details) and thinking of using a katana rear tail section for my RF. I've always like the look of the katana.

Does anyone have good pictures of the late 90's katana's with dual head lights. Just looked at a few and I believe the tail section may fit without much modification.

Thanks,
    Chuck S
    Riding the twisties of 9,11,28,178,215 of Western North & South Carolina.

The pre 98s did not come with dual headlights. You might be thinking of the GSXR's from the early 90's. Now I do have some pics of my bike up at www.picturetrail.com/highsight2020 just click on any of the albums. There should be enough in there to help you out.

You will need to swap out the rear subframe and few other parts to get it to fit.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

He's saying 98+ Kats .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

This what your looking for ? These first 2 were pre shovel chop but you get the idea..

Comment

Well I think if you could get the 03+ tail on with the original RF front fairings that would look sweet!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Happy New Year,

I'll look at the parts schematic on bikebandit.com and see how it fits.

Still thinking about parting it out and may look at some the katana's. The RF is a heavey torky bike 118HP and 68 - 70 Lbs of tourque. Do you have any suggestions on which katana to look for?
            I would like to find one that may need a little work. Since I tend to enjoy the challenge of bike project. The katana's seem to be very reliable. I've never ridden one but would like test ride one at some point.

Thanks for your help!
            Chuck S.
            Riding the twisties of 9,11,28,178,215 of Western North & South Carolina.

Comment

you can check out the Bikes forum here on KR. there's alot of bikes in there, most of them in good shape already but some that you can tinker with for sure either way.

It really all depends on the style you like, the pre 98 or the 98+ . The pre 98's do come stock w/ alittle more HP but 98+ can be mod'd out to add more as well so its up to you.

Ebay has alot of good used or layed down bike, I know special K has down ALOT of bike shopping there and picked up some for great deals.

Comment

Working...
              X