Custom Tank Pads?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Tank Pads?

Hey Guys,

I have been shopping for a while for a tank pad that will compliment the look of my bike, but I am having a hard time finding anything that I like. Three attached are probably the closest to what I am looking for, but I can't find exactly what I want.

Anybody know of any companies that do custom tank pads? It would be really cool to get something custom designed with the RCAF logo to match the bike, but it may be cost prohibitive.

Or, maybe someone with an eye for graphics can give me a better suggestion?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Christine
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

One possible option may be to get an RCAF sticker, place it as desired, and then use a clear tank protector, so you'll be able to see the decal through the pad.
    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Ya, I don't know either

I did find one company (Immortal Graphix) that would do it custom, but they want $85 US plus S&H and I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much.

The tank already has a decal on the top like the RCAF ones on the rear, so I didn't want to go overboard either. I guess I could always go clear, instead of something I wasn't really crazy about.
      Christine

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

The tank pad isn't just a piece of vinyl, it's usually got some thickness to it to absorb the impact from zippers etc.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Absolutely. I don't want just a decal there that will get all scratched up. A clear pad would be alright, but I wanted something a little different.
          Christine

sigpic

Comment

I'd get a clear one with that paint job. A custom print would be overkill imo.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

True, I don't want anything that will look tacky either. Clear would be safe, for sure.
              Christine

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
                I'd get a clear one with that paint job. A custom print would be overkill imo.
                over kill? i dont think you can with that bike

but if theres already grafix on the tank i would go with a clear pad so you can still see the tank grafix but the tank pad and tank wont mash
                if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

A friend has custom paint on her Kat with a clear tank pad

98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                    A friend has custom paint on her Kat with a clear tank pad
                    Sweet looking paint job! My other decal is top, center on the tank. About the same spot as the flower on her's. From that view, it looks like any tank pad that is too loud might be a bit much for my bike too.

Maybe transparent is the best way to go. Thanks everyone
                    Christine

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X