Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Protecting the bottom plastic from road debris?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by Hitokiri_Battousai
    could i put that mop n glo on my entire bike to help with clean ups..or is that a little over kill...and the shine won't hurt either but that yellow's film that will come off once you was it with soap and water right...
    The yellow film when it yellows normally needs ammonia to get off... sometimes it'll come off with dish detergent. If you want the same type of shine/coverage, go get a car-oriented acrylic-copolymer product like NuFinish, CarTech, Klasse, LiquidGlass, etc. instead... They will have UV-protectors integrated to help prevent yellow and won't build-up the same way.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Oh sweet thanks sounds like a plan
    "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

I just love this forum, you tell them to put M&M's , they go crazy with Hershies. The Mop n' Glow works. Would I tell you something that does not work? Hell no, never in a milion years.
      So mush life, so much time .

Comment

Happy New Year to all. May you get what you want, or close. May you prosper in what you see and what you wish you can see. May, be your status and the right to be who you are. May you win a lotto. May you be ok not winning the crap. May you help.

May you be !
        So mush life, so much time .

Comment

Prepping for Spray-on Bed Liner

Just follow the instructions on the can. I sanded my lower fairings with 100 grit then wiped down to remove all the dust. Taped the fairing and used news paper to cover the rest of the plastic. Apply three thin coats, let dry and your done.

While hoisting my bike up the hill (from my accident) going over logs and gravel, the coated part of the fairings were not messed up. So this stuff holds up well.

Thanks,
          Chuck S
          Riding the twisties of 9,11,28,178,215 of Western North & South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            I think hs2020 just got his lower fairings coated with a similiar type of product as well.
            When my painter redid my lower fairings I had him put the rockguard in the paint they use on cars. Not real sure how it is going to hold up but why not give it a try. It should hold up better than just it being painted. I have a pif oc it on my webpage. www.picturetrail.com/highsight2020 click on the album my bike at Cycle Gear. You will see what I am talking about. It is very suttle and hard to see that it is there.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
            X