Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Protecting the bottom plastic from road debris?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting the bottom plastic from road debris?

Any one have issues of the fairing located behind the front wheel getting scratched from road debris?

Try applying Black Spray-on Truck Bed Liner. I've used Plastikote and followed the instructions. It has been on for about a month and is holding up extremely well. I've recieved good compliments from riding buddies and some have said why didn't I think of that!

Refer to the Pic.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
    Chuck S.
    Attached Files
    Riding the twisties of 9,11,28,178,215 of Western North & South Carolina.

Sorry about the Pic not enough details.

I'll try to post a better pic this evening!

Comment

Dose it come in yellow??

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Not sure about Yellow!

Walmart has the Plastikote only in black and white.
        I believe Duplicolor has differant colors available! Haven't researched it that closely.

Herculiner is another possibility but a little pricey and I'm not sure if they offer it in a spray can.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I think hs2020 just got his lower fairings coated with a similiar type of product as well.

Comment

MOP 'N' GLOW

cheap and it does the job without having to coat it with something permanent.

I use it on my 18 wheeler and the cops love it. Usually they pull over dirty rigs trying to bust you for too many hours behind the wheel. Especially if I pull onto a dirt road pickup. It's been working for me for years and it does keep the tires and the rest of the front looking almost new, considering the miles..
            So mush life, so much time .

Comment

Originally posted by Fork
              MOP 'N' GLOW

cheap and it does the job without having to coat it with something permanent.

I use it on my 18 wheeler and the cops love it. Usually they pull over dirty rigs trying to bust you for too many hours behind the wheel. Especially if I pull onto a dirt road pickup. It's been working for me for years and it does keep the tires and the rest of the front looking almost new, considering the miles..

I don't understand the mop 'n' glow what are you doing...putting it right on the fairing? On another note the Bed-liner spray sound pretty freaking cool imma have to go and get me some in Black of course but good catch man...!![edited]
              "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Re: Not sure about Yellow!

Originally posted by rf900c
                Herculiner is another possibility but a little pricey and I'm not sure if they offer it in a spray can.
                Herculiner does offer their product in other colors as a roll-on or brush-on application, under a different name brand. I'm an authorized vendor if you need some.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

mop n glo? thats a new one.

Comment

Lower Fairing Plastikote Pic

Here's a better picture!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh

The stuff leaves behind an acrylic-copolymer bonded to a polyethelene molecule -- a clear plasticine coating when it evaporates, which makes removing dirt layered atop of it in the future very easy, as long as the layer remains in place. In the car market, products like NuFinish 2000 do the same thing, with some added UV inhibitors. The down-side to Mop-N-Glo is that the acrylic can build up to form a haze or yellowed appearance.
                      But I suspect it's not the answer that rf900c was looking for; something like a bedlining coating, a clear laminate film or another thicker barrier layer is probably more of what he wants against chipping from gravel, etc (as verses to just helping keep the dirt down & clean-up simple).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Lower Right Fairing Pic

Here is a better pic!
                        Attached Files

Comment

spray on liner material

What kind of prepping did you have to do prior to applying the material?
                          Thanks
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Originally posted by rwcreigh

The stuff leaves behind an acrylic-copolymer bonded to a polyethelene molecule -- a clear plasticine coating when it evaporates, which makes removing dirt layered atop of it in the future very easy, as long as the layer remains in place. In the car market, products like NuFinish 2000 do the same thing, with some added UV inhibitors. The down-side to Mop-N-Glo is that the acrylic can build up to form a haze or yellowed appearance.
                            But I suspect it's not the answer that rf900c was looking for; something like a bedlining coating, a clear laminate film or another thicker barrier layer is probably more of what he wants against chipping from gravel, etc (as verses to just helping keep the dirt down & clean-up simple).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            could i put that mop n glo on my entire bike to help with clean ups..or is that a little over kill...and the shine won't hurt either but that yellow's film that will come off once you was it with soap and water right...
                            "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri_Battousai
                              could i put that mop n glo on my entire bike to help with clean ups..or is that a little over kill...and the shine won't hurt either but that yellow's film that will come off once you was it with soap and water right...
                              The yellow film when it yellows normally needs ammonia to get off... sometimes it'll come off with dish detergent. If you want the same type of shine/coverage, go get a car-oriented acrylic-copolymer product like NuFinish, CarTech, Klasse, LiquidGlass, etc. instead... They will have UV-protectors integrated to help prevent yellow and won't build-up the same way.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X