No announcement yet.
X

stock or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted FrankenKat since I'm putting a '91 GSXR750 motor along with a V&H SSR2 exhaust in my Kat. Will find out later this year whether I 'm a good painter or not.

Comment

to mod or not to mod..that is the question
      Hello World.

Comment

I have stock exhaust, if I was to replace the stock exhaust I would put a Motad Nexxus system on.

With a major overhaul of the Kat's engine I would want a 4-1 exhaust system, not sure which brand.
        I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
          I have stock exhaust, if I was to replace the stock exhaust I would put a Motad Nexxus system on.

With a major overhaul of the Kat's engine I would want a 4-1 exhaust system, not sure which brand.
          You already have a great bike and I can see some crazy mods in your future. The 1100 can be woken up to be a serious monster.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Geez..looking at this thread from back in November when u started it to now..geez my bike has changed ALOT !! and still more to come. It's that darn mod bug..its contagious !!

Comment

Mine's bone stock. But for some suspension changes, and different tires--it's the same bike I rode away from the dealer, stickers and all.

I always was kind of proud of that.... :P

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

This is one of those threads that won't die. KEWL, I sure do appreciate the response. If I could stop doing mods on other bikes and do my own bike I would be so Jazzed.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  Originally posted by GSX1100FL

You already have a great bike and I can see some crazy mods in your future. The 1100 can be woken up to be a serious monster.
                  When it comes time to rebuild the engine I plan on building it to the max but still be street legal.

Of course that also includes a new paint scheme.
                  I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I voted Frakenkat since I want to change out the front forks and brakes, custom swingarm with slightly wider rear tire, and a Gixxer 1000 motor.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

For some reason, I like the beauty of looking stock. The only upgrades for me have been a new braking system, windscreen, and of course better fluids (engine oil, brake fluid), plugs, and K&N filter.

I think the older bikes like mine look great stock, especially since you don't see them around anymore (PDX that is).

Comment

Got my bike with mods, rode it for a season and I am slowly putting it back to stock so it will last longer. Reliability and function is what I want.
                        1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Stock was cool, until you pull up to a redlight look next to you and the exact year and color bike is sitting there. Something starts to change directly after that.

Comment

There is something appealing about a stock bike..a kind of raw, innocent appeal I think.

Comment

I would like to do an exhaust mod...Any idea's on a good one?
                              A DAY WITHOUT SUN ....... IS LIKE NIGHT !

Comment

I have a Red with gold wheels...All Stock...Very Spotless... Have not seen any with this color combo yet in my hood...Is this a common color combo?
                                A DAY WITHOUT SUN ....... IS LIKE NIGHT !

Comment

Working...
                                X