X

JB weldable or supergluable fasteners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cgstrong2002
    What about JBing some small nuts to the fairing and useing tie wraps through the mesh?
    I think that would be to loose then.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
      Hey, dont I know you? What kinda mesh did you get that you dont like now? That's gonna be a pain to swap it out for some different stuff though.
      Ya, I followed you here from that thread on TWF about other sites we visit.

The mesh I used was an expanded steel, it was galvanized so I had to grind it down before welding. over all it was just a pain in the arse. it doesn't look bad but when I do it over i'm going to go with a different mesh.

Comment

did someone mention pics?
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
          Originally posted by Need4Speed750
          Hey, dont I know you? What kinda mesh did you get that you dont like now? That's gonna be a pain to swap it out for some different stuff though.
          Ya, I followed you here from that thread on TWF about other sites we visit.

The mesh I used was an expanded steel, it was galvanized so I had to grind it down before welding. over all it was just a pain in the arse. it doesn't look bad but when I do it over i'm going to go with a different mesh.
          look at the pics on my gallery..does it look that ? I got mine at Home Depot. I couldnt find the actual gutter mesh in any decent size sheets though. So I went with some kind of contractors mesh type stuff.

Comment

no, mines more of an expanded steel grate. I have the plastics off now, and i'm gonna borrow my buddies camera, so i will have pics up by monday for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
              no, mines more of an expanded steel grate. I have the plastics off now, and i'm gonna borrow my buddies camera, so i will have pics up by monday for sure
              nice, be sure to load them up in ur personal gallery here too..and on TWF.

Comment

I will for sure, i'll wait till after I give the plastics a bath to take pictures. I want it to look purdy. I got a pretty busy weekend, but I should have them up no later than monday

Comment

Sorry guys, and gals. I didn't get a chance to borrow a camera this weekend. My buddy went away for the weekend and he needed it. But i will borrow it tonight and post the pics tomorrow. sorry for the delay.

Comment

Pics are up!

Pics are in my personal gallery,take a look. Ask questions, as I will gladly answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan2
                      maybe velcro with some stronger adhesive like 3M weatherstrip adhesive?
                      try duct tape, the tool of champions
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have this stuff called " epoxy putty" it comes in a tube and feels like clay. You kneed it until the color changes and apply. It hardens enough that you can even drill into it, it will hold a bolt on plastic with no problem. The con about this is the fact in adhears well enough that if the area happens to take a blow the part that it is applied to will break first. I got mine at car quest but you can find it at any auto parts store. They usually have a display showing how it actually works.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

thazkat, that is te same stuff i used for mine, I molded little mounting flanges and then drilled and tapped them for little machine screws to hold my mesh on. I got my putty from princess auto, I think I only paid $2 for mine on sale and there is enough to do at least two bikes

Comment

double post sorry

Comment

Dubeau, does it work good for you?
                              I found it does great for plastic/metal attachment.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              Who knows what is next?

Comment

Ya, overall I think it worked great for the purpose. As you can tell from the pics in my gallery, I only did one opening (the one for the idle screw) just to try it out and see if it worked. When I do the rest I will still use the putty, but this time I will embed the screw in the putty and use a nut to retain the mesh instead of drilling and tapping the putty. That stuff taps really well but you need at least 6-8 threads engaged for it to hold good enough so it wont work loose, and in some spots there isn't enough clearance for you to get more than 3-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X