No announcement yet.
X

Pre-Kat: how do I remove front fender?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried doing it with the wheel on, and ya, if you want to scrape your hand up and twist your fender all around, it can be done. also, I don't take the wheel completely off, and I didn't remove the calipers at all. just removing the shaft that holds the wheel on allowed mine to drop just enough to get my hand up there.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It depends on the tire profile and overall height. On the kat once new rubber was mounted I couldn't get my hand in there to hold the nuts.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
        ...once new rubber was mounted I couldn't get my hand in there to hold the nuts.
        That's what she said...

Seriously though. I've never had an issue with the front fender and not taking the front wheel off, or even lowering it. Takes me about 15 minutes at the most, if the nuts are giving me issues. Otherwise, maybe 5 minutes.

Guess I must have slender Japanese hands.
        Last edited by 91talon; 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM.
        92 Katana 600
        ------
        GO BLUE!!!

Comment

I know this is a couple months old but, I figured I would tell you guys how I replaced my fender...it fell off riding 45 mph lol! Thought I hit a pine cone...NOPE twas a fender! Any ways I have fat hands and there was no way I was going to be able to fit my hand in there. Solution, unscrew the fender from the bracket. Then undo the bracket from the forks tilt it sideways and there you have it its off! Then reattach the bracket to the fender and grab some gorilla glue and glue the nuts into place. Let dry and undo the bracket from the fender and the nuts stay in place. Then your golden. Reattach the bracket then slide the fender in bolt it up and your good to go.
          Last edited by jvillejoe; 06-20-2012, 12:29 AM.
          1996 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
          X