No announcement yet.
X

2001 fairings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be honest with you, I own a set of the hong kong specials. They are a little thinner than OEM, but they are ABS. And with the paint a graphics already on them. OEM fairing in the shape that the hong kong specials are in would cost 5x's what those do. You always give me chit for spending money on stuff. If I spent money on OEM fairings, that would just give you more ammo.
    Last edited by arsenic; 04-01-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I guess my beef is the use of the term "ABS". most folk think if it say made with ABS, that it is good, but ABS comes in a variety of grades. that is the difference between oem and the hong kong specials....the quality of the abs.

so ya, I have opened my mind when it comes to the cheaper hong kong specials, and have even come as far as considering them an alternative to oem....but I will remain firm in my belief that is a really cheap and inferior product, no matter how nice and shiny the paint is.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i got hong kong fairings from ebay and i like them

Comment

it looks great.

do me a favor though...if it falls over, let me know what damage occurs. hopefully it won't happen, but we all know it can happen.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

If you want to put in the work, buy OEM and fix them up.

If you want to actually RIDE the bike soon, just buy the HK sets and expect the build quality to be a little less.

Besides, its just plastic, now Chinese knockoff levers and brake components...**** that
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              now Chinese knockoff levers and brake components...**** that

Comment

Working...
              X