X

2001 fairings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 fairings?

ok so I bought my bike from my brother (which he bought it from a friend that laid it down) my question is does anyone know where I can get fairings for it at? and if not does the 03 - 06 fairings fir it?

ebay ftw.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

ebay doesn't have any ATM thanks

Comment

hong kong
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by SyKleZ View Post
          ebay doesn't have any ATM thanks
          all front fairings from 98-06 will work. The difference between 98-02 and 03-06 is the tail section. So if the tail is fine, just about anything will work, You can also convert the tail pretty easily from what I understand. So pretty much buy what you can find.

Comment

Katana fairings Really.

Comment

arsenic what do you mean not good ones?

Comment

you said "ebay doesn't have any". THERE ARE COMPLETE BODY KITS ON EBAY.

Comment

but those are also china ones and somewhere on here i read people saying not to buy the china ones

Comment

No, you read Mojoe saying don't buy the China ones. What about the 20 of us that say they're fine. Sorry Mike, I know you hate China but what can I say.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      No, you read Mojoe saying don't buy the China ones. What about the 20 of us that say they're fine. Sorry Mike, I know you hate China but what can I say.
                      I wasn't the only one who said it. I also changed my opinion and said "buy away" if it makes you happy and you are satisfied with them. however, I also thought they sold for $500, which made me think "cheap", but I notice they are like only $250, which makes me say CHEAPER

and it's not just my distrust of China....I also spent my life around body work, so to me it's just plain crap. but hey....that's just me.

I also noticed from that link you posted, Chris, that one could put together a whole oem body set for about $250 or so, and use the other $250 to put a nice paint job on it.

so ya, if you just don't want to be bothered or have no idea what you are doing, maybe the hong kong specials are the way to go.
                      Last edited by Mojoe; 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

No, they are like $550, look how much shipping costs. That's what people meant by $550.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          No, they are like $550, look how much shipping costs. That's what people meant by $550.
                          no...they are $250 with $250 shipping. you can't add the shipping in and say they are worth $500.

Comment

I get what your trying to say, trust me, I know. I'm telling you, when people said they were like $500, that's what they meant. Because they paid like $500.

Comment

got it :

to be honest with you, I may have misjudged the quality of oem on the 600 and 750 kats. from what I just saw browsing ebay, they don't seem to be a hell of a lot better than the hong kong stuff. definitely not as rugged as what's on the 1100.

Comment

Working...
                              X