X

custom decal protection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
    that's bad business. if they screwed up, they should have sent it rush delivery.
    I guess you're right there. I was happy they didn't hide behind some small printing and get me stuck with expencive products I have no use for.
    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

damn straight I'm right. you could very well be in the middle of a job for a client, and expecting the right product on delivery. waiting a week for the right stuff to arrive would not be good for you or your client, and that would be pretty much what I would have told them.

ya, sure, mistakes happen, and can happen to anyone, but what separates good business from bad business is how fast you correct that mistake,
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

True. I bought it over the internet and I'm in it for about $130. I didn't want to take the risk of losing money so I took the offer. Ordering somewhere else would've taken more time I guess.

sigpic

Comment

I hear ya...ordering from somewhere else would not have been any faster. all I am saying that if I was the retailer that sold your the stuff, and made that mistake, I would have assumed you were in the middle of a job and needed it asap. so I would have over-nighted you the correct stuff, in a box that included a postage paid label so you could return the wrong stuff. you know, gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would return it. and if you didn't return it, I would just chalk it up as the price of my mistake.....instead of questioning your honesty and making you wait until you sent the wrong stuff back.

anyway....don't mind me. I am just ranting for you. I know mistakes happen, but like I said, how fast you correct them is what counts. I would feel like crap if I delayed a clients project by a week just because of my mistake. and that is what irks me....that most businesses just don't care about that level of customer service.

Comment

Yeah you're absolutely right. I never thought this far ahead as it is my first bigger project on the bike and I got caught up in details a bit (so my planning wan't the best it could be). But it's def something to remember for any next project. They won't see me as a customer again that's for sure.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
              Yeah you're absolutely right. I never thought this far ahead as it is my first bigger project on the bike and I got caught up in details a bit (so my planning wan't the best it could be). But it's def something to remember for any next project. They won't see me as a customer again that's for sure.
              Wait a minute, so they correct their mistake, and because they don't use express shipping you won't use them again? Did you ever think to ASK for express shipping? You know, if you were a business, and had said something about this being an important project, pretty sure they would have overnight that stuff.

Did you also know that it's damned near impossible and extremely expensive to air freight paint because it's considered HazMat? This, many times, restricts it to Ground shipping only, although I see you're in Belgium and I'm not sure what the rules are there.

Sorry, I just think that's being petty. In this day and age of retailers telling you to pound sand when something happens, them fixing it free of charge is a good thing.

Comment

Paint can be airlifted. It's when it's in an aerosol can that you're restricted to surface freight. The paint, itself is a flammable liquid and has to be declared for special handling. It's not that big a deal but it does add to the handling expense.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                  Wait a minute, so they correct their mistake, and because they don't use express shipping you won't use them again? Did you ever think to ASK for express shipping? You know, if you were a business, and had said something about this being an important project, pretty sure they would have overnight that stuff.

Did you also know that it's damned near impossible and extremely expensive to air freight paint because it's considered HazMat? This, many times, restricts it to Ground shipping only, although I see you're in Belgium and I'm not sure what the rules are there.

Sorry, I just think that's being petty. In this day and age of retailers telling you to pound sand when something happens, them fixing it free of charge is a good thing.
                  I see your point but I still think Mojoe is right on this one. If everything went as planned I would've had the cans of clear right now for a certain price. I will still be getting them at the same price but will have a delay of at least one week. And I had to send the package back myself, costing me time and energy. Belgium isn't big so air freight would be serious overkill, but it takes a delivery van only 2hrs to drive from one side of Belgium to the other (and we're not even on opposite sides). Wouldn't have hurt them if they came and picked up the primer delivering the clear in the same run. So there is no compensation for the lost time and energy and no effort whatsoever to correct the mistake.
                  Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  Paint can be airlifted. It's when it's in an aerosol can that you're restricted to surface freight. The paint, itself is a flammable liquid and has to be declared for special handling. It's not that big a deal but it does add to the handling expense.
                  They are rattle cans but like I said air freight would be serious overkill in Belgium anyway.
                  Last edited by ErrEs; 04-01-2012, 10:15 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post

why should he have to opt for express shipping if he plans in advance? I wouldn't. If I know what I need, then I would just order it at the beginning of the project, which should allow for 5-7 days for it to arrive, right about when I would need it.

as far as that last comment, wtf is up with that? that's the frickin' problem with retail these days....especially in America, and it is getting as bad in Canada. You know, when retailers can actually get away with telling you to pound sand, and when they do decide to "fix" the problem, they can take their sweet effin' time in doing so, and the consumer just shuts up because they see it as "oh goodie, they agreed to fix the problem, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes because just the fact that they are fixing it at all is a good thing, and I should consider myself lucky".

personally, I find it unacceptable on both sides. it's bad enough that retailers can tell you to pound sand, but it is even more unacceptable that consumers are willing to lower their standards to such a degree. damn, there used to be a time when "customer satisfaction" meant something and could make or break a company. but I guess those days are really gone because customers like you, Red, are at the point where you are just happy that they fix the problem at all, no matter how long they take to do it.

so here is a question for you, Red. what would YOU do if you were the retailer who sold those goods and made a mistake by sending the wrong stuff? I am curious because you seem to have the "well he only paid for the cheapest shipping on the initial order, so I am just going to use the cheapest shipping to correct my mistake, and it will get there when it gets there", attitude. Myself...as soon as it was brought to my attention that a mistake was made, I would be shipping it out the faster way possible, no matter the cost because it was MY mistake...not the customers, and I take too much pride in the way I conduct business to do it any other way.

it's all about pride...or should I say lack of. personally, I would be too ashamed to run a business like that. and from the consumer end, I have too much pride in myself to just sit back and let anyone screw me around. in other words, I could not just sit back and feel grateful that they decided to fix the problem at all. I would DEMAND they fix it, and fix it fast. it's my money and my time they are playing with, and without the consumer, they wouldn't even have a frickin' business. I guess most people don't see it that way, though, which I find sad, and maybe even a little pathetic. you know...for allowing yourself to be walked all over like that.

but you know what? I am kinda happy it is like that because it works out awesome for guys like myself who would NEVER allow a retailer to d*ck me around like that. because I am the 1 out of a 1000 that will get on the phone and chew them a new arsehole, I usually end up getting an even better deal because they just want to shut me up...and they can afford to do so because the other 999 people are willing to wait, and be grateful for it.

bottom line...ErrEs SHOULD NOT be having to pay one cent more for anything, which includes shipping the wrong stuff back. and if I was him, I would be on the phone telling them so. he payed what he had to pay when he made the initial order, and mistakes made by the retailer should be the financial responsibility of said retailer. anything else is just bad business, and they would not be seeing anymore my my business either.

oh ya....ErrEs should not have to tell these guys it is an important project. a retailer who takes any pride at all in his business SHOULD assume that EVERY customer is working on an important project, and conduct his business in a timely and efficient manner. that is simply "good business".

my guess, Red....I kinda think you are just being a bit argumentative. I should be able to say that without you taking as an insult because you were able to refer to ErrEs as being petty, right? so I am betting if the shoe was on the other foot, and you order your stuff online for your little project you were working on (you know, the one that was giving you a lot of grief), and they sent the wrong stuff and delayed you by a week or more, you would be right on here complaining about it as well. I might be wrong about that, but I don't think so.
                    Last edited by Mojoe; 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Update on the issue.
                      Got a mail that the right cans are about to be sent out, but apparently one of the sprayheads was busted when the company opened the package.
                      They are replacing a good sprayhead of my cans of clear with the busted one. And I never even opened the package.
                      So now I'm not only delayed by a week, I have one faulty canister for the same money too. Cheap *sses!!
                      Def the last time they see me as a customer.

sigpic

Comment

personally I never buy painting materials online. EVERYONE must have a paint supply store or a body repair shop within driving distance. if not, what do you do if you wreck your car...UPS it to a body shop?

idk....too much can go wrong buying online. so much easier getting it over the counter.

Comment

When I got the cans it turns out it was just the covering cap that was cracked not the spray head like they said. (what a fuss about nothing right? )
                          There are no places in the area where I can find 2 component clear in rattle cans. If I went to a bodyshop they would've probably ordered the same way (if they want to look for rattle cans at all) and charged me extra for not letting them do the job.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X