Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Took it apart cant remember were it all goes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took it apart cant remember were it all goes!

**This is only the description of instillation parts for upper and rear fairings on a post kat (2001) Under cowl may need different amounts **

Doh!

So i took my fairings to be painted and the shop removed all the rubber cushions and little metal clips..now i cant remember were put them. So this is me documenting the hardware needed for the firing instillation so you can learn from my fail

Amounts
    4* larger grey screws - Used in conjunction with Cowling nuts to attach underside of the main firing the Suzuki Part Number 94475-08F00 OR (03541-1516A)Link
    2* small silver screws - Also used to attach underside of the main firing Possibly 09136-04003? Link
    12* Large clips (COWL NUT,) 6 per side- used for attaching the under siding to the main fairing and on both under cowl and main cowl(used as a nut for the fairing bolts ) part number 94484-24F00 - Link
    3* small clips (STEERING CO NUT) - used on the rear fender part number 09148-05038 Link
    2* large cushions with metal centers - Used on the rear Fender 09320-10045 (Cushion) 09180-06286 Metal spacer link
    4* cushions for the upper cowling (2 each side upper and lower) Part number 09320-09016 WRONG Link
    2* Cushions for rear cowl (1 each side) Part number 09320-08028 Link

So i figured out that the small silver and grey machine screws are used to attach the second small part of the cowl. However the little towers that they connect to have no threading! So do i need to use one of my clips? like so

so i also know that i have to use the clips for the fairing tabs so the fairing bolts will fit

I have ordered a bunch of stuff like my missing cushions and a few clips and will post pics when its all together.. This way no one else will do what i did
    Last edited by Bigyellowkat; 03-22-2012, 02:04 PM.

Bump for added information - Added parts numbers and amounts and descriptions

** Also i cant seem to find were these washers and larger cushions go and im starting to thing them might not be from my bike **

Any help would be appreciated

Comment

just go to bikebandit.com and look up your bike. there are schematics like this that should help you figure it out.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
      X