X

Hayabusa upper on a pre kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayabusa upper on a pre kat?

I'm thinking of putting a hayabusa upper fairing on my 92 Katana 600. Does any one know where I may find pictures of this done already or something like it?

Having had both of them parked side-by-side, I don't see it happening without some major fabrication of mounting points for the faring. Even if you managed to get it done, I don't think it would look right.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

There are actually several threads and discussions about "blending" 2 different sets of fairings together. Basically, you find the closest matching points from the lower portion of one to the upper portion of the other, and cut both... then use the ABS welding/repair to put the two pieces together into a singular piece again.

The "bodywork" seciton will have lots and lots of info on doing the general work and repair.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
        There are actually several threads and discussions about "blending" 2 different sets of fairings together. Basically, you find the closest matching points from the lower portion of one to the upper portion of the other, and cut both... then use the ABS welding/repair to put the two pieces together into a singular piece again.

The "bodywork" seciton will have lots and lots of info on doing the general work and repair.

Krey
        Even if you were to find some point where the two might blend and not look like hell (very unlikely), the mounting points for the upper fairing of the busa vs. the Katana are very different. There will be bracket fabrication necessary not to mention modifying it to mount the Katana's intrument cluster. It would probably be easier to try and mount an entire set of busa fairings to the Katana than trying to blend them, relatively speaking, of course.
        Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 03-19-2012, 08:28 AM.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Working...
        X