Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you feel about underlighting/ground effects?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got those little LED tirefly's on my wheels. I love them. Makes me visible from the side, and you can't see them from the front of the bike. I also have a blue LED lightbar on the bottom of my bellypan. Gives off soft light under the bike at night. It looks good, and it's not overdone.
    8) Shirak! 8)

"For the love of God, does no one hear that infernal ringing?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin
      I've got those little LED tirefly's on my wheels. I love them.
      I got some of those for my bike but when I got home I noticed that I couldn't put it on the back cuz my back wheel is solid. so I put them on my stang one day just to see what they would look like and I got told to take them off for fear of not having friends anymore. hpmh. :P
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I think that if they are hidden (as Slim said) then they are ok when done in moderation. I had the tireflys on my quad but took them off when one burned out. Don't think I'll be putting any on the Gix as it has enough Bling with the chrome wheels and the purple!!
        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
        MSF Rider Coach 27028
        MoPowerSports.com
        Torco
        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Tireflys just look silly when you have them on and driving as they blink on and off. Some of the light bars under the plastics would look good as they give of a nice amount of light.....not to much but enough to be seen
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Maybe I should install the 30 Hyper-LED's I do have and rig them to flash in strange sequences for the holiday season (bwaahhh-ha-ha!). Or probably not.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Squidly? No.

Pimpin? He|| YEAH !!
              Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

I think they look great if done right. Since you can't see anything on the bike at night other than the front & rear lights they help to give the whole bike in between some presence.
                Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

I have a 7 color change kit on my bike that I got for a car show and one Club was going to feature my bike. The show never happened and then I deployed. I have used my kit on the highways in Hawaii after consulting the authorities and have had TONS of compliments as the colors slowly fade between 7 colors. I like lights. I am getting a 1 million color kit soon.
                  Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                  "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

It is the ones that are TOO bright that look cheesy to me. Keep the light subtle and keep rockin it.
                    Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                    "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

hyperblue leds

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      I think that anything that adds to your night-safety is a plus, but in the same breath, I have to say usually they look too hyper-fake-pimpin' to be pretty. I have about 30 hyperblue LED's sitting in the upgrade box that I've been debating about installing for over a year for just that reason... You might also want to check with the local police on legalities first -- last thing you want is to get tickets because of it.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      HI !!!
                      INTERESTED IN SELLING YOUR LEDS IF YA DONT WANN EM?? :P :P
                      (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I like...in moderation...had a few blue ones on my kat....the Blue front turnsignals were KILLAR looking

leds died after awhile, but responses were favorable!

Comment

I think they look cool. Not awesume, but cool. I think they do help visibility at night. I bought some blue ones, Thinking about the rear wheel well, but the bottom near oil pan looks good too. Maybe I can put them in the rear wheel well and sides of oil cooler.
                          Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

On a Kat, this is where I would put them.

-1 in the undertail area, to light the swingarm / tire area. Maybe 2 if 1 is not bright enough.

-A couple in the side faring areas so the light shines through the air/vent holes.

-1 or 2 in the Belly pan area, to shine down below.

-For the oil cooler, maybe 1 on each side, or 1 shining down on the oil cooler (under the headlight assembly maybe?)

Thats where i was thinking about putting mine anyway
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have Tireflys on my Kat, and I like them, but when I put the Diablos on the Tireshop recommended SS valve stems to deal with the extra weight on the stem, the story being at high speeds the rotational mass can damage the rubber stem, sounded good to me and they were shiney The problem is the are too rigid for the tireflys to work properly. I have tried two sets and the don't work all the time.
                              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                                I like...in moderation...had a few blue ones on my kat....the Blue front turnsignals were KILLAR looking

leds died after awhile, but responses were favorable!
                                did u have a pic of those when u used them. ?

Comment

Working...
                                X