Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking for an upper right fairing 96 kat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an upper right fairing 96 kat.

I was wondering if anyone had an upper right fairing for my 1996 katan, or knew where I could get one for a decent price? I have one currently, but its pretty gnarled up, was hoping I could just replace it rather than spending a lot of time repairing it.

Any fairing you get is gonna need some repair anyway...is it cracked or have huge chunks out of it
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Any fairing you get is gonna need some repair anyway...is it cracked or have huge chunks out of it
      all the tabs and stuff are gone, its in pretty poor shape. found some from the local dealer for $200 per side. might just have to spend the cash and get a new one

Comment

Comment

no, meier aftermarket stuff is accepted as junk. Look at ebay for oem
          sigpic

Comment

ok I didnt know that, I can get OEM from my local guys for $200 per panel I think

Comment

Originally posted by shameless View Post
              ok I didnt know that, I can get OEM from my local guys for $200 per panel
              You sure it's OEM? It's not new OEM is it?

Comment

didnt find anything on Ebay

I thought he said it was from the man. maybe I'm wrong. sucks I cant find any though, thats why I'm on here. lol

will 600 and 750 interchange?
                Last edited by shameless; 02-16-2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

$200 new is a little suspiscious, for my 01 a new upper side panel is like $450+
                  sigpic

Comment

Not to mention that the pre 98 OEM fairings are discontinued as far as I was able to tell.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by shameless View Post
                      will 600 and 750 interchange?
                      YES

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

not distrusting any of you or anything, I'm sure you know more than I do about this stuff, but why don't you trust Meier? (whats wrong with it?)

Comment

I bought a complete fairing set from Meier a few years ago for my 95 kat 600. It all seemed fine to me but I didn't like it once I put it all on. It made the bike feel bulky and didn't seem to perform as well as it did when it was a fighter. Might have just been me though. They were shipped quick and seemed reasonably priced. Just my two cents though. I'd like to know why their not liked too much by others as well though.

Comment

***bump***

Comment

What's the bump for? The Meijer stuff is junk, and this isn't the parts wanted area.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X