X

Painting Engine/Clutch Cover???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Engine/Clutch Cover???

When I bought the bike it had scratches on both covers on the sides of the bike. I was messing around with my dremel trying to polish them up and maybe hide the scratches...but it didn't work out to well. Is there a certain paint I can use that would withstand the heat?
    ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Header paint . Good up to like 1200 or 1400* . There are other high-temp paints as well .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Your sig is crazy

Comment

that sig would be a great tattoo!

Long Live the D

Comment

Note that any paint that is temp-resistant will not fill over the scratches well, and as a result you'll end up with the same type of issue with the paint finish. You may simple want to buy new covers instead, especially as your existing ones are now weaker.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Note that any paint that is temp-resistant will not fill over the scratches well, and as a result you'll end up with the same type of issue with the paint finish. You may simple want to buy new covers instead, especially as your existing ones are now weaker.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Can't really afford nothin right now. But what if I sanded them a little bit then painted. Or maybe even light coat of primer then paint.
            ~~Punish The Deed, Not the Breed~~

Comment

In that case, I would suggest using a compatible filler material (such as a high-temp epoxy) to raise the surface up to smooth, then paint if you still want... I don't know of any high-temp primers that would do the trick...

Depending on which cover it is, it may be actually be cheaper than you expect. Check the price at RonAyers.com

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X