X

Rusty Headers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty Headers

Whats the best method to remove the rust, sand blast or or can the headers from a 98 600 kat fit a 89 600 kat if so any mods that need to be done ?
    Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
    Mesh Mod
    K&N Filters
    Chrome Decal Kit
    Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
    K&S black Bar Ends
    Sportech Chrome Windshield
    Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
    Clear flush signals (front)

Re: Rusty Headers

Originally posted by Earl
    or can the headers from a 98 600 kat fit a 89 600 kat
    I'm apparently dislexic...cuz I read that as can the headers from a 98 fit on a 98. oy.
    I was sitting here thinking "well, ya!" #-o
    - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

You can sand blast them. I did that with a set I had on my bike before getting a V&H SS2R system. Just make sure if you paint them to use Hi-tem paint like engine paint. Just becareful that they are not rusted all the way thru in places.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

POR-15 makes a high temp header paint that is supposed to be pretty good, even has ceramic in it. They also make a tank kit (clean and seal kit).

Check them out at
        Explore POR-15's extensive range of restoration products, perfect for bringing new life to any vehicle with superior performance and quality. Order online now!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Blast them or wire brush them. i wire brushed my car headers and painted them blck with a high temp engine paint. make sure you get the high heat stuff. I think i bought duplicolor or something like that. Speaking of which It is almost time for new headers on my car... hmmm the bike might have to wait..
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
            POR-15 makes a high temp header paint that is supposed to be pretty good, even has ceramic in it. They also make a tank kit (clean and seal kit).

Check them out at
            http://www.por15.com/
            I saw the paint that can be used OVER rust ( I think it was Por-15) , but it won't be good for exhasuts . Won't stand too high a temp. (I asked them) . I've heard naval jelly gets rid of rust , and I've played with it on m,y headers . It does eat rust , but seems a mojor pain on LOTS of rust (like mine) . So I guess it's pretty much sand or sandblast .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X