Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range
    Originally posted by Junior
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. 8)

Get rid of the tank bra... it's throwing off the whole flow of red. IMO.
    don't listen to him...he knows NOTHING about RED!
    Bike is sold

Comment

Man, sometimes it really sucks having a pre-98 Kat. It seems like nobody wants to make huggers and undertail kits for them. Seems that all the mods I would like to do, nobody makes one for a Kat at all, or just not for a pre-98 Kat. Oh well, custom work makes it all the more fun I guess. I just have to wait till I get a new job to have the time to do any of them myself.

I still wouldn't give up my pre-98 Kat for anything.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93Kat
        Man, sometimes it really sucks having a pre-98 Kat. It seems like nobody wants to make huggers and undertail kits for them. Seems that all the mods I would like to do, nobody makes one for a Kat at all, or just not for a pre-98 Kat. Oh well, custom work makes it all the more fun I guess. I just have to wait till I get a new job to have the time to do any of them myself.

I still wouldn't give up my pre-98 Kat for anything.
        There was a guy that put a 98 hugger on a older style Kat. Minor adjustments is all he did. Looked great.
        Bike is sold

Comment

Yep he used the one off of a Bandit. Just redrilling holes and adding a bracket. I may still have the instructions somewhere.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

You know, Jimmy, adding that bracket would be so easy before it gets the "special" treatment you have in store.

I was remembering the same mod by the way. I thought it was from a different bike though. I would love to do that if you can find the instructions again.
            AMA member # 224227

Comment

dude, i love that look..the rear is already cleaned up, but this really sets it's off nicely!!!

i want this!!

Comment

Thanks. The carbon fiber is very strong. Shouldn't have any problems with this one.
                Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
                  No I can not hug my Kat. They do not make one for my bike. Also I can not see my kat right now. It is still in the shop Looks good by the way..
                  its ok i feel you pain...its discrimination agains the old kats ...but hey ..ours look good stock ..they gotta make theirs look good

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
                    Yep he used the one off of a Bandit. Just redrilling holes and adding a bracket. I may still have the instructions somewhere.
                    Yes it was and I am still searching for the info and photo's myself. I do know that you have to cut a notch out for the pre 98 rear brake bar and there is a couple of other little adjustments that have to be made. It will work though. I will be getting a gsxr hugger for my wild kat.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Just wonderig how much are the huggers?
                      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Carbon Fiber $200
                        Bike is sold

Comment

looks good!
                          Hello World.

Comment

Any problems installing it all ?

Comment

None at all. I did have to drill my own holes for the chain guard side but that was easy.
                              Bike is sold

Comment

HEY SPEDEE YOU HAVE A REALLY NICE BIKE I JUST BROUGHT A RED KATANA SO YOUR BIKE CATCHES MY EYE MORE KEEP UP DA GOOD WORK
                                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
                                X