X

Tinting and headlight covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinting and headlight covers

would it work if you tinted your windsheild? like the personal tint from the car store.. also do any of you have there and if you how do you like it?
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

I have much experiance with window tiniting, and I don't see why you could not do it, but the spray would prolly be easier.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Katgirl and Nick(her bitch) lol both have those covers on thier bikes.

There's also these on Ebay

I've only noticed them the last few weeks. Owlman is thinking of being the guinea pig and trying them out on his triumph.
      Kyle

Comment

I am probably going to get a custom one done for the gixxer this year, will post some pics when/if its done
        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Re: Tinting and headlight covers

Originally posted by somainevent
          would it work if you tinted your windsheild? like the personal tint from the car store.. also do any of you have there and if you how do you like it?
          http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=378&1=385&3=175
          well the tint from a car store is not made for plastic. Just check the label on it.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

the curve of the windshield is to dramatic...its made for flat surfaces

Comment

I actually have two sheets of red lightlidz, pm me.
              I think they are still good.
              Check out my ride profile to see them on the Kat
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I think you'll run into issues using film tints... Here's why I think this:

If you put the tint on the outside of the windshield, it will get scratches from every bit of sand or other impact debris (including bugs) that comes along with riding at speed. This would not permit it to last very long, at least where I tend to ride.

If you put the tint on the inside of the windshield, the air spilling over the edges at speed will probably want to separate the tint from the windshield in fairly short order (a few hours of riding), resulting in some tattering. There are clip-over U-channel plastic seams available for windshields to help stop turbulance at the edges (and increase the wind deflection), but by the time you factor in both the cost of the tint and the clip-over seams, you might as well have simply bought a pre-tinted visor, right?

And those two issues don't address the other issues others brought up (plastic surface to mount on, harsh curvature of the windshield).

Just my two cents.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I didn't even think about the adhesion to the plastic. Someone on KP (before the crash) had sprayed there windscreen with the sprayable tint, and it didn't look to bad if I remember right.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Oh, and as for the headlights -- I don't believe in doing anything which reduces the visibility of the rider to other drivers in the daytime, and/or reduces the amount of light to the road during the night. Too many cagers can't readily see you for a variety of reasons (from the width of their A pillars to failure to notice something smaller than a car because they aren't expecting it). Leave the film-over-headlights for trackdays...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X