X

Size of bolt for bar end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of bolt for bar end?

Does anyone know the bolt size for the bar end weights that thread in for a pre 600? Looks to be 6mm but don't know the pitch.

If anyone knows, greatly appreciated!

1MM, that is the only thread you will find for a 6MM screw, neither ISO nor DIN specs have any other.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Awesome, thank you

Comment

M6x1.0

I know it was already answered but I had this one on the top of my head so I felt the need to be redundant
        -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
          M6x1.0

I know it was already answered but I had this one on the top of my head so I felt the need to be redundant
          No problem! Appreciate the confirmation!

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I was trying to do a search. How in the world do you get these bar end bolts off without striping them? I'd like to change mine to a different color other than the stock black ones. Thanks!
            Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
              I know this is an old thread but I was trying to do a search. How in the world do you get these bar end bolts off without striping them?
              Use the correct tools? Is the one your trying to remove a hex cap bolt, or the cheap phillips head?
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                Use the correct tools? Is the one your trying to remove a hex cap bolt, or the cheap phillips head?
                It's a cheap phillips head. Got the right tool, it's just so tight that the screw driver wants to slip.

Comment

I just did this yesterday. I had to drill the old screw out with a 5/16" bit. I drilled as I pulled on the bar end, as soon as screw head was gone end pulled off & I was easily able to remove the rest of the screw. I replaced with M6x60 hex cap bolt, but the cap sticks out a little. I need to get one size larger drill bit and drill the bar end a little more so it's flush.
                  Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!

Comment

Originally posted by smorris65 View Post
                    I just did this yesterday. I had to drill the old screw out with a 5/16" bit. I drilled as I pulled on the bar end, as soon as screw head was gone end pulled off & I was easily able to remove the rest of the screw. I replaced with M6x60 hex cap bolt, but the cap sticks out a little. I need to get one size larger drill bit and drill the bar end a little more so it's flush.
                    Thank you! I didn't want to try too hard without a backup plan. Now you gave me one so thanks again!

Comment

put the screw driver in the bolt and hit it with a hammer it will "shock" the threads and break them loose
                      1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Philskat View Post
                        put the screw driver in the bolt and hit it with a hammer it will "shock" the threads and break them loose
                        Will do, thanks!

Comment

an impact driver is your new friend. Once you get them out change the bolt to a hex.
                          2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                          1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                          Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Impact driver ftw.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Impact driver again. I used an impact driver to remove them, replaced with hex head and drilled out the bar ends to make the head fit flush.

Comment

Working...
                              X