X

Stock handlebar question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock handlebar question

Does the stock Pre 600 handlebar have threads on the inside for the bar end weights? I have a set of HVMP bar ends but they're the universal type for 7/8" and are the expansion type.

If anyone has a pic of the inside of the handle bar that'd be great too.

Thanks.

PS Does anyone know where I can get a bike stand for cheap? Something that'll keep the bike up when removing the front wheel. All the ones I seen just hold the bike straight but won't keep the bike up when a wheel is removed.

1. yes, they have a welded insert in the bars. you can cut the welds and pull em out, or get the appropriate screw for the new one to replace the expanding type part.

2. cheapest stand ever: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65958

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
      hmmm...not sure it is the cheapest. I have a small one ton hydraulic jack I paid something like $30 for used...with two jack stands. set the bike up on the center stand and stick a 2x4 under the engine (so you don't jack on the oil pan), and voila....take the front wheel off.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
        hmmm...not sure it is the cheapest. I have a small one ton hydraulic jack I paid something like $30 for used...with two jack stands. set the bike up on the center stand and stick a 2x4 under the engine (so you don't jack on the oil pan), and voila....take the front wheel off.

ok, maybe I should have been more clear... cheapest for all new parts.

kludging something together from crap you picked outta the trash, from the scrap pile, and maybe a yardsale may be cheaper. if yer Mojoe... YOU are the cheapest

if ya REALLY wanna get cheap.. put it on the center-stand and chuck a 50lb bag of sand on the back seat, and the front comes right off the ground.... I'm not sure Mike would spend the cash to get the sand tho...he'd probably steal some from the beach

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Working...
        X