X

i know i know

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know i know

im sure this has been posted many times, but i was just wondering if anyone could tell me the steps needed to add mesh to a kat? thankyou
    Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Ive recently done it..its not hard at all..its basically just taking off the plastic, cutting out the mesh to fit the cutouts, applying the adhesive, letting it sit till its completely set, then reinstall and away you go.

word the wise, make sure you have the mesh going in all the same direction b/4 you apply the adhesive.

If I can do it, trust me anybody can. JB weld works the best or welders epoxy is great too. I let my mine sit for a full 24 hours before I put the plastic back on.

i dont have pics here at work of what the mesh looks like when its glued on, from the inside,i'll put them up tonite for ya when i get home.

Comment

or you could just duct tape it

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        or you could just duct tape it
        what cant you duct tape

Comment

You know that looks good I plan on doig to mine at some point.. the thing I wish someone would come up with is a way to epoxy fasteners to the body so taht you did not have to glue/epoxy the metal directly to the body. That way they could be taken off and replaced easily if damaged. or if you decided to paint them later. Hmm i think i will look into doing that for mine.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I used a hot glue gun to get mine on. Works great but you have to use plenty and hold it until the glue hardens
            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I used a hot glue gun to get mine on... but you have to use plenty and hold it until the glue hardens
              waiting time is approximately 24 labatts blue

Nice job!
              coloured screen would be really cool.
              Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

what color would you all reccomend on a red kat? normal, or maybe black? is there anyway to take the mesh off if you dont like it? without screwing anything up..?
                  Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Comment

yeah if I do it (and i will) i will try to figure a way to make them removable. just need to find the right attachment device.

Comment

How about instead of using mesh, you just use duct tape, I think that would look sweet, plus its removable. Man I am a genuis!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                      X