X

Picture request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture request

I got a little project in mind here, and I need a good shot of a raised Katana emblem. Something straight on, with maybe a ruler below for a size reference.

If all goes well, in a few weeks, I may have something cool to offer some katriders

Actually, just saw midgetsex' post with crash pics. Perfect shot of exactly what I need.

Now, I just need to find some casting wax............ anybody see where i'm going with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
      ............ anybody see where i'm going with this?
      you're building a coconut radio?
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
        ............ anybody see where i'm going with this?
        you're building a coconut radio?
        Bingo. For your prize, Jackal will send you some chocolate

Comment

Actually, just saw midgetsex' post with crash pics. Perfect shot of exactly what I need.

Now, I just need to find some casting wax............ anybody see where i'm going with this?
          How much do you need...I run a bronze foundry and all of our stuff starts as wax. Actually, I have the day off and as I type, I'm staring at a block about the size of a car tire in my art studio

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari

How much do you need...I run a bronze foundry and all of our stuff starts as wax. Actually, I have the day off and as I type, I'm staring at a block about the size of a car tire in my art studio
            I was actually thinking of you when this idea popped into my head.

15x5x2 is a good place to start. shouldn't need more than that, provided it can be re-used.

How much would you want for a piece that size, and what would it cost to ship it?

Comment

Hmm...

I was going to post my scraped logo as a joke. Apparently it was useful?

Comment

Originally posted by midqetsex
                Hmm...

I was going to post my scraped logo as a joke. Apparently it was useful?
                Yep, it was pretty usefull. Usefull as in now it's going to clutter up my recently cleaned garage with a new project, that probably will get started and never finished

You wouldn't happen to be able to take a straight on pic with a ruler in there somewhere would ya?

I tried to scale it up, assuming the mesh you used was 1/4" but the emblem came out a little under 15" long. That seems way too big though.

Comment

Here's a better pic (pre-wreck as well):

There's another pic that might be useful in my profile, especially if you need the thickness of the emblem. I can try to take a pic with a ruler when I get home, but honestly, there's a moderate chance I'll forget after a long day of work, especially with hockey & football on tonight .

I still need to put my old turn signal lenses in. If I do that tonight, I'll definitely remember to take the picture.

I'll do my best!

Comment

cool, thanks.

Ya I definatly understand. I allways forget stuff when I get home.

Thickness of the emblem isn't that important, I'll probably try and keep it around 1/4". I just wanna get as close to the same size of the originals as possible.

I pulled a pic of spedee's, and I might try doing the GSXF emblem too. I might try that one first, as it's smaller and less complicated. If it works i'll try the katana one.

Comment

Dan, I sent you a PM about the emblem.

Comment

Working...
                      X