X

fuel gauge ohms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge ohms

might need moved, thinking this might need to be in mechanics section, not to sure since it sort of deals with how the katana looks.

I am looking into after market guages for my motorcycle. i think i found a mechanical speedo, a fuel gauge but troubles finding a tach to match the other two gauges. i thinking of going with autometer phantom, was hoping for cobalt series,but still checking into them, bit pricey). I am wondering what is the full and empty ohm reading for the fuel gauge, so i can get one to work with my pre98 750. would just leave the guage out since it is rather inaccurate, but nice to have, and not to bad of price. thanks guys.

also looking at autometer's website, looks like they make soemthing to take a mechanical speedo so you can use one of their electronic programmable speedo, let me know what you guys think

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

I'll try and help you out with that..
    (fuel gauge ohm reading)
    I'm planning to change out my gauge too.
    My tank is pretty empty right now.
    I figure with some jiggling I can get the float to
    go end to end..

Comment

I think you'll find the same problem at Autometer I ran into when I started looking at sourcing gauges for the Kats -- they aren't designed for open-cockpit/all-weather use. I carry a line of gauges that are specifically designed for all-weather/open cockpit use (viable from the top/front, but the back end needs to be protected or covered or at least slanted off to drain properly), including oil temp, oil pressure, voltage, and speedo. The manufacturer I work with has fuel sender gauges, but they don't match up to the senders on the Kats well enough to report correctly across the whole range.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X