X

Ordered HID's today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered HID's today

Found this seller on another bike site, guys have been using their stuff and happy with it
    check out their prices and lifetime warranty

The new to me Bandit is going to to be wearing these in a couple weeks

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Everyone I know with HIDs has used ddm and have had phenomenal experiences with them. I have a set in my basement waiting for my projector retrofit.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I nearly bought a set localy for $175 , I will wait for the difference in $$

Comment

yeah i got a ddm hid set a while ago, worked like a charm easy to install also, now just waitin to get some projectors to mount them in

Comment

Just a heads-up on ddm. I'd heard nothing but good things about them until last week. A guy I sold my first projector retrofit to bought a bulb/ballast set from them and when it arrived (direct shipped from China) there was no documentation included and the wires weren't labeled. Mostly that was no problem but the power supply wires to the ballast weren't the standard red & black for pos and neg. He called ddm for instructions and was told wrong. Turned out blue was positive and brown was ground.

In all fairness, this was the first negative thing I've ever heard about ddm but if the quality of their product is starting to slip then it's something to watch.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have a set for my cage. Came highly recommended from a lot of people on my car's forum. Straightforward installation and I have been using them for years. From what I read concerning bike application, 35w should be plenty
            Extra life.

Comment

With a projector, one 35w produces fewer lumens than a new Silverstar bulb but it seems brighter thanks to the color difference. (6,000K bulb)

Dual 35w HIDs produce significantly more lumens than a single Silverstar.

Halogen (Stock) ----Low 1,650----High 2,320
              Single HID------------Low 1,080----High1,860
              Dual HID--------------Low 3,500----High 3850

(Lumen measurements taken on the same day and at the same distance-about 15 feet-using "Lux Meter" app on a Droid3 Android phone. While the exact numbers may not be accurate, they should all be off by the same amount.)
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                Just a heads-up on ddm. I'd heard nothing but good things about them until last week. A guy I sold my first projector retrofit to bought a bulb/ballast set from them and when it arrived (direct shipped from China) there was no documentation included and the wires weren't labeled. Mostly that was no problem but the power supply wires to the ballast weren't the standard red & black for pos and neg. He called ddm for instructions and was told wrong. Turned out blue was positive and brown was ground.

In all fairness, this was the first negative thing I've ever heard about ddm but if the quality of their product is starting to slip then it's something to watch.
                Yeah, they started getting their stuff made in China a few years ago. I hadn't heard anything regarding quality slippage as a result. I remember that shipments were being delayed for weeks during the transition though and people were complaining about that.
                Extra life.

Comment

my order was around the time of the big ole tsunami
                  Shipping was a little slow but packages actually had mud on them when they got here

Comment

Running ddm 6k in my Altima, still happy with them though they're turning a little more blue than I wanted.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X