X

found a wrecked 750 got a question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a wrecked 750 got a question

I found a 750 2000 kat for sale that has been wrecked it needs all the cosmetics and instruments lights handle bars all it is is the frame engine and wheels could I buy it and take my stuff off my 2000 600 and swap it or is it easier to just change out the engines providing it is still good?
    sigpic

If the frame is clean on the other one then it will be an easier swap to change over bodywork and externals than to swap complete motors.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Is there a big hit on Insurance? if so it may be worth swapping the 750 into the 600. If not, like Braadajim said swap the bad parts off the 750 witt the good ones from the 600.

You could then sell off the left over 600 stuff to recoup the cost of the 750 .
      Kyle

Comment

I just did an engine swap from a 750 into a 600 frame. It was pretty easy. I would do that just becasue you don't know for sure what kind of shape the frame is in from the wrecked bike.

Comment

its the same size frame basically, so there's no problem there with the engine, but IMO, cosmetic work is always easier than engine swapping..

Comment

if it's still in the 600 frame, even the 750 would technically be a 600 as far as insurance goes.

Comment

Working...
            X