X

Has anyone used dupli-color?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used dupli-color?

I'm just wondering if anyone has used dupli-color "paint shop" series paint for they're bikes.

I am thinking about using it instead of using "rattle cans" but not sure if I should go with the laquer paint on the bike. Will it stick to the plastic properly??

Thanks in advanced.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris438; 01-10-2011, 08:44 PM.
    My Bike/Project:
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

I used the orange and was happy with the color and job, the only fault was mine... Don't plan on using one can of color.

Comment

Thanks.

I found this post where someone used dupli-color "paint shop":
      Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

If anyone else has used it and liked or didn't like it feel free to give me some advice

And I would also like to find out about the "paint shop" primer. Is it a fairly nice primer?? sand down easy to smooth out the small imperfections...??

I have painted before, but only once. My old truck, with an enamel paint bought at a auto paint store...

The old 89 Gmc seirra:

Originally posted by Sturg View Post
      I used the orange and was happy with the color and job, the only fault was mine... Don't plan on using one can of color.
      So, your saying one can of colour will not be enough??

Thanks again.
      Last edited by Chris438; 01-10-2011, 09:05 PM.
      My Bike/Project:

Comment

Ive used it, however it still needs to be cleared with a good 2 paqrt clear to be gas proof.

One can is more then enough. I use one pint to paint/color a bike, 2-3 pints of clear depending
        Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Duplic Color

I have used it. The primer and the paint are fine. They are lacquer which is a little bit tougher to spray but take your time and you will be fine. As far as the clear top coat, it is not good at all. I woudl definitely go with a urethane top coat as it will spray better, look better and will be gas proof.

Jeff

Comment

The urethane clear wont peel/flake on top of the lacquer paint? Or mess up the paint..?

Maybe ill just do it all right and go with a real base coat/clear coat then i know it will be good lol

One other question.

When using any of those paints should I still use some kind of adhesion promoter on the plastic?

Or is that just a suggestion for "rattle can" jobs?

Thanks guys!!
            My Bike/Project:

Comment

Working...
            X