X

BIG trouble help tank problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG trouble help tank problems

Started sanding getting ready for paint and I found a vert bad patch job covering a good sized dent on my tank any ideas on how to re-patch or fill this dent please let me no cuz rite now I'm stuck
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Originally posted by Devinjordan View Post
    Started sanding getting ready for paint and I found a vert bad patch job covering a good sized dent on my tank any ideas on how to re-patch or fill this dent please let me no cuz rite now I'm stuck
    Personally I would take it to a car body shop... I'd then compare their estimate to buying a used one and go the cheapest route. If you can't afford it today as I can't and you need to ride, as long as its only cosmetic damage, just paint over it and save your pennies.

You could go to a auto parts store and pick up bondo but I would want to go this direction(I have a fiery hatred for bondo, don't know entirely why). you could get a small starter kit pretty cheap I imagine.
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Grab some short strand fiberglass filler and filler primer and fill it in. Take your time, do some research, watch how its done on you tube and fix it yourself.
      cost about $30
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        Grab some short strand fiberglass filler and filler primer and fill it in. Take your time, do some research, watch how its done on you tube and fix it yourself.
        cost about $30
        Originally posted by arsenic
        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

werd, duraglass that s**t :
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
            cost about $30
            I punched a decent dent into my gastank onetime when I was stranded in the rain (didn't think I hit it that hard). This is what I did. Also depending on where it is you may be able to push it out with a wooden rod or something by going through the gas cap or petcock hole(don't push to hard or you could cause more damage than good).
            1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

I had a small dent where the po wrecked it and the bar end hit when the bar bent. JB weld on a fresh sanded to metal surface. I hate bondo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by edrawba View Post
                I punched a decent dent into my gastank onetime when I was stranded in the rain (didn't think I hit it that hard)..
                I did the same thing one night.
                I went out and bought one of these and it actually works very well. It didnt completely pull it out but it looks a hell of a lot better.

"We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Working...
                X