No announcement yet.
X

Marble Paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wonder how that chrome blackout would look over their chrome paint... we might be on to something now.
    sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

That's something you could experiment with!! Be sure to post up some pics if you do experiment with those paint. Just cause I wanna to see them
      '98 Suzuki GSX600 Katana

Comment

I think every DIY job should have pics start to finish, no matter how bad it comes out lol

Comment

I have had good results with Dupli-color's metalcast topcoats over their chrome spray (CS 101). I did the blue, it turned out really well. Probably would have looked great had I used some DuPont Chromaclear over top of them.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

marble

house of kolor-
            base coat- this is the color "under the marble"
            marbleizer, this DRIES IN 2 MINUETS!, YOU MUST DO YOUR EFFECT QUICKLY,OR YOU HAVE TO SAND AND "RE BASE COAT"!!! YOU CAN USE SHRINKWRAP, SPONGE WHATEVER YOU JUST MAKE IT LOOK LIKE MARBLE "MESSING THE PAINT UP", IT LEAVES THE DESIGN
            intercoat clear, keeps the marble from bein ruined,and seals the kandy from bleeding into it
            'kandy top coat" this is what you see,the color of the job, depends on how many coats you put on, they must be put on as even coats or it will be darker,and lighter in spots
            final clear-, they have a high performance clear that is "fantastic"
            you can see the paint chip at house of kolor , it is a beautiful job if done right, and not "OVER USED",
            a quart might get a bike done
            1 quart of every thing, plus reducer,and catillist, test on a small piece first
            yes i have done this, it is really neat if done right

Comment

Sounds a little complicated to do that and get a nice even look.
              Michael

Comment

<----my bike WAS that color. Too bad the p.o. wrecked it after getting it painted! Blue on top of black marbellized with the ole plastic trick

Comment

I guess I missed this thread when it was hot..... I've played around with the marble effect on a few things, but never used it for anything major (never found anything I really wanted it on). I used Metalcast rattle cans over pretty much any highly metallic/reflective base, and trash bags.

My advice would be to practice on something a lot before laying it down on something important.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                    <----my bike WAS that color. Too bad the p.o. wrecked it after getting it painted! Blue on top of black marbellized with the ole plastic trick
                    ^nice^
                    Wife decided on Escalade pearl white with purple (her fav color) accents. I'm in the process of finding a GSXR for myself. One post left until I can post my want ad to finish putting the Kat together. I'm gonna try to get her to do her own paint. She's the artistically gifted one. I'll do the sanding and priming. Hopefully I'll have pics up by spring.

Comment

An old time chopper painter I knew use to just lay down the base coat, let it dry, and then spray a candy of some kind over it. When the candy was freshly sprayed, he'd crinkle up a plastic shopping bag and carefully push it into the paint and then carefully lift it off. It would leave an irregular marble like pattern. Once that dried, he said he sometimes just laid clear, sometimes multiple layers of the marble effect before clearing.

Comment

Getting ready to order paint... how many 12oz spray cans does it take to cover a bike?

Comment

Working...
                        X