X

Stuck fuel cap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck fuel cap

My fuel cap seems to be hopelessly jammed and wont open (glad I found out at the gas station :/ ) i already ordered another one, but does anyone know the best way remove the old one, I'd just drill it but I dont want a tank full of kerf, any suggestions?
    ----------------------------------
    1992 GSX600f
    1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Does the key turn freely? If not put a few drops of oil in the key hole and then wiggle the key

Comment

Try removing the bolts, rotating the whole cap 180 degrees, and turning and pulling with the key. When the cap is in that position with the latches at least partially retracted, they'll clear the inside lip and pop out with a little work.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that, the key turns like normal, but it won't open and I don't want to have to force it, so even if i could get it to work, I wouldn't want to keep using it.
        ----------------------------------
        1992 GSX600f
        1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

The oil is the solution but you have to wait for it to penetrate . The latch is probably the problem so add some compression to the cap while you turn the key it might ease the pressure on the latch mechanism . Good luck
          I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
            The oil is the solution but you have to wait for it to penetrate . The latch is probably the problem so add some compression to the cap while you turn the key it might ease the pressure on the latch mechanism . Good luck
            Dito ^
            That's what i have to do to mine ...

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Working...
            X