X

early christmas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early christmas

im not sure where this would go so sorry if its in the wrong spot.
    Ill start here: When the previous owner layed my bike down it bent the headlight cage. so for a while now i have been browsing craigslist for a cheap cage and maybe the instrument cluster too. Well i finally found one but he lived about an hour away. after not being able to get a ride i finally gave up. but me and the guy had only emailed and i did not have his phone number. but did have his address.

My dad called me yesterday and said he was going to pick up a bike for my step mom in blue ridge which is right by where the guy had the cage. so i said i would go if we could stop by. so i emailed him twice yesterday trying to see if he still had it and if i could get his number so i could get directions. no response.

we picked up the rebel for my step mom and on the way back decided to put the address in the gps, it took us on the wrong street and said we were there. we almost gave up then but we tried again and it gave us another one 8 minutes away so we decided to try that one.

This one was right so i pull up and get out and explain to the guy we talked on email about a month ago and i was in the neighborhood so i stopped by. He sold me the cage and instrument cluster for 25 and told me he was moving and had all these parts that he was going to throw away, so i told him i would take them.

So for $25 i got (all of a 600):
    un-titled frame
    rear rim w/ cush drive, brake disc, and sprocket
    wiring harness
    coils
    altenator
    seats
    triple clamps
    headlight
    headlight cage
    instrument cluster
    plastics
    gas tank
    service manual
    1 of the front brake calipers 1/ brake lines
    the rear brake caliper w/ stay bar and brake lines

that is all i can think of now. but for me christmas came early!!!!

Whoa, nice deal, definetly worth the trip
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

yes it was

Comment

amazing score man!
        "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
        2004 marauder 800

Comment

good deal!
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

nice score man, wish I could ever get that lucky

Comment

Did the guy you got the parts from have a white beard and a big belly? Because you just got a gift!!
              Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Good find...I got 3 complete kats for 700 yesterday good christmas present indeed

Comment

Working...
                X