X

Headlight Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sickartistic View Post
    I wonder if using bed liner instead of paint will with stand the beating the bugs and pebbles gave yours...
    Bed liner will stand up to anything. It will not chip by little rocks or bugs. I work at a shop where we spray bed liners and that stuff is insanely durable.

Comment

Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
      Bed liner will stand up to anything. It will not chip by little rocks or bugs. I work at a shop where we spray bed liners and that stuff is insanely durable.
      True, I used to spray Line-x myself. We did a lot of custom work for bikes, boats, etc... but never a headlight. Definitely WOULD stand up and bond great to the plastic. Sprayed a guys fairings once after he wrecked it and you couldn't even tell it had been wrecked. plus, it was cheaper than buying a new set of plastics(we did give him a deal though). Doesn't have to be sprayed on very thick either, just a light coat. I might call my old boss while I'm down in FL and see what he could do for me if I prepped all the pieces myself.
      I finally got home and get to ride my KAT!!!
      sigpic

Comment

it looks uneven the left side looks like the paint is lower than on the right side
        Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Be safe man I just got back in Sept. It's alot better than it used to be but still not play time in the sandbox. Bike is looking sick.

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
            it looks uneven the left side looks like the paint is lower than on the right side
            It's made that way. Kinda like the "no fear" logo:
            Attached Files
            I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
            -Unholy m-
            Current project: Un-Katchable
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
              + 1 looks like a bikini!

Anyway, I love the kat's headlights. I ride at night and I love all they light they fire out compared to my old single headlight cruisers.

The only headlight upgrade I would like to do is PIAA bulbs.

The other mod I like and I forget who did it, but they made a divider and made the headlights look like duals, someone please link up the thread?
              Cheriff did it. Just look up his profile, and you'll see pics, I believe. If not, here is a link to a pic from last summer.
              Mag-log in sa Facebook para magsimulang magbahagi at makipag-ugnayan sa iyong mga kaibigan, pamilya, at mga kilala mong tao.
              ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
              チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
              X