X

How long wait before wetsanding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long wait before wetsanding?

I just finished painting my tank yesterday. For clear coat, I used a can of catalyzed clear. How long should I wait before wet sanding it?

I guess it depends on what it looks like, and what you are planning to do.

I would probably wait at least a month and buff/polish it before I wetsanded.

If you want to lay another coat of clear because something is boogered up, you could do it within a day.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I would say at least 2 weeks for final buff. It varies depending on what your planning to do and what clear you are useing. I've never used the spray can clear but as was said a month is optimal if you can hold off that long. Catalyzed clears are better than regular air dry ones on drying. If you wetsand too early what is smooth today could be a tad rough in a month due to additional drying and shrinkage.

Comment

Easiest answer... read the spec sheet that came with your product, or the sanding instructions on the containter/can. On rattle can I would personally wait a little while before wet sanding and give the clear time to cure. Time depends on heat, humidity, etc...

Comment

What brand of catalyzed clear?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
          X