X

painting engine/tranny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting engine/tranny

To all of you guys who have painted anything other than the body....

I gearing up to do a tear down and re-build on my katana. I want to paint almost everything under the plastics. I've seen plenty of people do it, but I've never seen a write up. Are you guys just taking the plastics off and going to town with a rattle can of high heat paint? or are you taking everything out of the frame to paint it?

The reason I ask is because I would be worried about painting hoses and nuts and bolts in place and not being able to get them off cleanly.
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

most people will take everything out of the frame to paint it.... as for hoses and nuts not really a big issue bot i would recamend you takeing everything out ot the frame
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X