X

looking to convert to a 04- present gsxr tail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to convert to a 04- present gsxr tail

Ive always been in love with the sharp flat style tail ends on bikes. I have a buddy that has an old cbr f2 that he just did a swap to a 600rr tail end and it looks amazing. I work in a sheetmetal shop and can get my hands on any sort of metal pretty much. Im aware that there will need to be alot of custom frame work/added framing plus tapping new holes as well as finding ways to mount seats etc. I am looking to get a parts list for everything i need to successfully build a complete rear end from a stock 99 katana 600 rear end to a gsxr rear end any year from 04 to present.

if anyone has done this and has a how to somewhere, maybe you could direct me that way.

i know of someone who would give you a list of what is need or at least a start of whats needed... pssst he has your bike right now lol
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Let me know what you do with that 04 rear end. I might want to convert my 01 to the newer tail.

Comment

lol sorry jib i think i confused you with my title i was meaning i would like to convert from my 99 kat tail end to an 04-present (years dont really matter) gsxr rear end.

Yea mike i figured i should ask him since hes like the motorcycle saint hahaha. i told him hes a saint for fixing my mistakes on the dang thing lol. we will have to go out and have a good ride soon. he said hes wanting to get back into rides but always has something come up.

Comment

Originally posted by bassmanjr5 View Post
          Yea mike i figured i should ask him since hes like the motorcycle saint hahaha. i told him hes a saint for fixing my mistakes on the dang thing lol. we will have to go out and have a good ride soon. he said hes wanting to get back into rides but always has something come up.
          ... maybe he wants you to get the hint?

Comment

new at this and need help

Hey I am new to this, joined a lil bit ago but haven't been on much untill now, I bought a 04 600kat a while back(first bike) I love it, the only thing I don't like is the tail, I like the higher tail and the ones that arc, like on the gixxers, R6 , ninja etc. I'm no good with a welder and was wondering the best way to make the tail section "sexier". I've seen ppl chop there tail and weld a dif one on, even seen people put new tail over excisting stock tail, or should I just mod the plastics and shape them to something I like and still keep the stock tail, please help!

Comment

lol mozzy i wonder what always comes up? oh yeaaaa i keep breaking stuff!

apelhama im new to it as well. my buddy has a honda f2 hes converting to a honda cbr rr and has done the tail section. he had to cut his tail end of the frame (v notch cut) and bend it upwards a tad and then weld a v shaped piece of steel in to seal the cut. he also had to custom fab flat stock steel onto the frame for mounting spots for the new plastics. it looks amazing. ill try and get some pictures up of before and after. he plans on finishing off the plastics then doing a complete motor swap so hes basically building his own honda cbr rr. im not sure if he plans to swap frames eventually to the rr frame but hes done some really good work so far.

Comment

thats awesome, yea i seen a thread where a guy just took an R1 tail and fabricated it over the excisting stock kat tail, it looks sick, i just want something that looks amazing that i wont have to cut and do alot of fab work

Comment

yea i wish i could find something easy too but im pretty sure to get that sharp tail end your most likely going to get into cutting welding and rigging alot of stuff lol. i was thinking about just converting to the newer model kat rear end. at least id get rid of the boob style tail light. i always joke with my friends and say i need to get another kat with the same tail light and strap a bra on them lmao.

Comment

yea i know what you are saying, im just going to buy a new tail section and have it modified to fit! ill post pics when i do it!

Comment

Working...
                    X